Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kid Icarus

+5
X-145
Demonic
Ninja
Z Bone
RoryLee
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Kid Icarus Empty Kid Icarus 15/3/2012, 13:08

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just pre-ordered the game at Gamestop. So far they've been doing really good at hyping this game up with doing some TV spots, free AR cards, and some videos on the 3DS, and an online battle mode. And another thing that sold me was a free download of the original Kid Icarus in 3D if you preorder from Gamestop.

Is anyone else looking forward to Kid Icarus?

2Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 16/3/2012, 18:40

Z Bone

Z Bone
Level 1

I'm looking forward to it, to say the least. Me and Tech are looking for a third member for our team to play online. Of course, we're not always going to use the same exact team, but I would imagine if the same three players played together a lot, we would get better as a team as well as individually.

More than anything else I'm looking forward to all the weapons and the huge amount of customization.

3Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 17/3/2012, 03:55

Ninja

Ninja
Level 2

*Is excited*

I'm not sure about getting it though, I'm kinda low on my video games money and there's a lot of other games I have in mind, but this is definitely in my top 10.

4Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 28/3/2012, 18:41

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I've been playing this game non-stop and I finally beat it over the weekend. This game completely blew my mind. It's the best 3DS game so far and even though I beat it, it still has so much gameplay left and thats just with the single player campaign. I would even put this game on par with a lot of wii games. It has a long story mode and even a lot more replay value with the online multiplayer.

So far I've only seen Z-bone and Druff have the game. Hopefully a few others from here get the game.

5Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 28/3/2012, 18:46

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Hopefully next week... especially since I can get it for around £29.99 from Amazon, and I think that's with the stand and CPP...

Can't wait to get my hands on this game nonetheless.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

6Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 28/3/2012, 18:58

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I think the CPP is only used for the left-handed people. And I think the stand comes with the game for free. You dont need to use the stand at all, but I actually like to use it for a lot of different things. It works real good for netflix, swapnote, and Kid Icarus. I hope you get it next week, we need another game to play online.

7Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 28/3/2012, 19:30

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Either way it'll be good to have the CPP for other games that'll use it down the line... I'm interested in the stand so I can play games and do other stuff on it easier.

8Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 28/3/2012, 20:09

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I am definatly getting it. I actually just found out the multiplayer was online and that just made me extatic! Later this year, that's the game at the top of my "to buy" list. Kid Icarus 364988687

9Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 4/4/2012, 18:48

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Demon
Did you pick up this game yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to. This is by far the best 3DS game, and I even find it more enjoyable than most console games. Im pretty sure that I've played this game everyday since launch. I have almost 50 hours clocked in, and that's mostly from the single player campaign. It's not often where you can clock in that many hours into a single player game unless its an RPG, but this game has so much replay value.

Plus its fun beating Tech in multiplayer. Kid Icarus 631737971

10Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 4/4/2012, 19:51

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Nope, money's getting tight... >.<

Not to mention I have a crap load to do with this place, college and looking for a job I don't think I'll have time to be playing games for the next month or so... hopefully I can get it soon and play it here and there when I have time.

11Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 29/4/2012, 02:35

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Nerrel
Did you ever pick up KI:U? If you did, what do you think of it?

12Kid Icarus Empty :D 30/4/2012, 22:32

3DS

3DS
Level 1

Loving the game so far unlocked and fused some weapons. Played up to chapter 4 and seems very good. Hoping to get online soon and play a few matches!

13Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 1/5/2012, 01:48

TLink9

TLink9
Level 1

I might pick this up soon. P.S. I am still alive

14Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 4/5/2012, 21:14

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Traded in MW3 and Goldeneye and got £27 trade-in for it. They'll be stocking Kid Icarus: Uprising some time in the next few weeks for £24.99 so I'll pick it up then. Kid Icarus 364988687

Finally gonna get this game after about 2 months of waiting. :/

15Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 5/5/2012, 02:43

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Originally, "Super Mario 3D Land," and, "Heroes of Ruin," were the first two titles that made me really want my own 3DS. Since Demonic will be purchasing a copy of, "Kid Icarus: Uprising," I guess I'll move, "Super Mario 3D Land," to third place on my 3DS, "Must Have," list. Kid Icarus 364988687

16Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 5/5/2012, 03:13

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Kid Icarus is by far the best game for the 3DS. I thought Mario Land 3D was only so-so, but I'm still glad that I have it in my library because the 3D effect is really awesome. And I read about Heroes of Ruin in Nintendo Power and it sounds like its shaping up to be a great game. If you do get a 3DS, Kid Icarus is the way to go.

17Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 11/5/2012, 13:13

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Guess what I have? It's three words... the first begins with K... the second I and the third U. You'll never guess it! Kid Icarus 364988687

18Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 11/5/2012, 13:31

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Yes!! Just a heads up, but make sure to fine tune the controls because it does take awhile to get used to them. But after awhile it becomes second nature. And I would start at level 5 difficulty until you at least get some more powerful weapons.

19Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 11/5/2012, 17:54

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I tried online and got butt raped! They just ran circles around me. :(

Not a fan of battling on land, the controls feel awkward with my left hand... and scrolling to turn around is so annoying!

I've been playing with the controls a bit and I think I've got them where I want them... simple controls but it gives me brain ache. :/

20Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 12/5/2012, 11:56

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I hope that you get used to the controls. Everyone on my 3DS friends list has nothing but positive comments about the game....except for Mully, his only complaint was about the controls.

Once I got the controls to my liking, the ground battles turned out to be my favorite part of the game. I have it set up so that when you scroll to turn that it will stop right away.

21Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 12/5/2012, 16:10

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I am realy starting to hate the dodging... I either flick it too much and I dodge off a cliff and die or I flick and dodge into oncoming missiles. These controls are so freaking annoying it's ridiculous!

There must've been a better way for them to make this game... the controls are the absolute bane of this game. WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING?! D:<

22Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 15/5/2012, 15:46

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Are you getting used to the controls yet? I struggled with it at first, but now its a piece of cake.

This game would've been awesome on the Wii. The controls would've been flawless with the nunchuck and wiimote.

Thanks for the custom signature! It's looking pretty sweet Kid Icarus 631737971

23Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 15/5/2012, 15:54

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

It's getting there, I have now mastered running and turning the screen. It feels like second nature now of sorts... it's really weird. Definitely a good game though, even though it is quite short, but trying to find all the hidden weapons is a chore. Where are those dam things?!

24Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 17/5/2012, 12:49

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Finally unlocked the Palutena Bow... that thing is devastating! Nearly a one shot kill all the time on most enemies. Haven't tried it on multiplayer mode yet, might give it a go soon.

However the online is really getting on my nerves, everyone just camps, shoots lasers and ultimately just sprays their weapon. Might be a good idea to do since you can get butt raped if you go out in the open, but still, it's annoying!

25Kid Icarus Empty Re: Kid Icarus 18/5/2012, 12:24

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

What intensity level are you playing at? If its almost a one shot kill, I'm gonna have to try that thing. I wasnt a big fan of the bows but the one that I did pretty good online with is the one that shot hearts. Lol

My favorite weapon for the single player mode are the swords. I like using the Bullet Blade. And I have gotten used to using the gloves, especially the one that makes you look like you have big hands.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum