Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I downloaded the demo last night, and I didn't encounter any really noticeable drops in framerate. The 30 fps is only noticeable if you concentrate your attention soley on the anti-aliasing, while moving across screen. I think this generation of gamers are just spoiled little brats that need to find anything they can to complain about. As an example: We never even acknowledged, let alone complain about slowdown in the NES & SNES days. In fact, we would instead find a way to use it to our advantage. Every game doesn't need to be presented in 60 fps. If anybody desires to pass up this beautifully designed game just because of that, they didn't deserve to experience it in the first place. I will definitely be downloading "Mirror of Fate" on the fifth.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Are people already complaining about this game? I thought the demo was fun and the only dissapointment I had was that it ended too quickly. And I agree with you on this generation of gamers, they need to quit nitpicking on every little thing that is not perfect. People just need to sit back, relax and enjoy the game.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Hahaha! ^ That's the same complaint I had Rory. I had mentioned that to Zach, before I even read your post above. Zach and myself still chat regularly via the Wii Message Board. I don't turn my 3DS on just to check and or send SwapNotes, but I turn my Wii on everyday religiously to surf the net. I'm going to get a cheap tablet just for internet purposes, so I'm not running my Wii console constantly. I hope Nintendo gets a move on with MiiVerse.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'm definitely checking the eShop tonight at 12 a.m. EST to see if the game is already available for download. Fire Emblem was available at 12:01 a.m. on the dot, so I'm hoping MoF will be too. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 364988687

So... Who's coming with me?! :)

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I was there to check it out Crying or Very sad Its alright though, that was about my bedtime so I wouldn't have gotten to play it anyways. I'm still gonna download even though the game got some mixed reviews.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah, fuck that guy at IGN. I think the ratings on the eShop speak for themself. His own review contradicts itself, if you pay close enough attention while reading. I just began downloading the game about 15 minutes ago, so I'll open my 3DS back up again at about 12:40 a.m. EST. to check. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 631737971

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Christopher, I believe MoF is available in your region today, so have you tried the demo yet?

Rory, where are you in this game? The last thing I did was obtain the Belmont Battle Cross from whoever the f**** that ghost was. I think it's a nice touch that you unlock the cinematics, so you can refresh your memory. The game is designed so beautifully that the backtracking doesn't really even feel like backtracking.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm enjoying it for the most part. The game has some of the best 3D effects I've seen, the Boss battles have a nice flow to them and the story is getting very interesting from where I'm at.

The game started pretty slow for me in the beginning and didn't start picking up until I picked up the swing upgrade. But after that I was really looking forward to advancing in the game. Overall I would probably rate it a 7 out of 10.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

^ About the same here. Although, I'd most likely award it a 7.5, because the 8.0 at NLife feels a little too high. But the game deserves to be classified as being better than just an above average game, in my opinion.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Just beat the game! I still enjoyed it quite a bit and the game definitely had its moment. Got a few chuckles, the action sequences for the bosses were really cool and the 3D was amazing.

And it looks like it might have a little bit of replay value to it. I completed it at 99% so now I gotta find that last little secret.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I just reached Act 2 last night. For some reason, I think I like being Simon better than Alucard. Although, the visuals are becoming even more impressive in Act 2. I think this game is a perfect candidate for some DLC, since the story is so short. In Act 2 you reach an area of Castlevania that is currently undergoing construction, and I think that makes for a perfect opportunity for some DLC.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, may I ask what kind of strategy you used to defeat the giant Scaven boss? I can't seem to dodge his bite attack and still get in close enough to slice him with my whip. I tried jumping in the air and using the upward slashes, but what goes up must come down. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 364988687

I refuse to play through the rest of the game on easy difficulty!

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I can't even remember who the Scaven boss is. I guess the best thing to do is just trial and error. And also make sure to use the powers that you have for extra protection.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

The only magic I have at my disposal is the mist power, and that runs out in like three uses...
Alucard's bat's have no affect, whatsoever, on him. I'll try to think out a strategy of my own, but in the meantime, I think I'll ask Tech if he remembers how he defeated the boss.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Recently thinking of buying this at some point since I tried out the demo. Looks like a pretty decent title to have.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum