Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WiiU Gamepad ideas and uses

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WiiU Gamepad ideas and uses Empty WiiU Gamepad ideas and uses 17/9/2012, 14:37

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Do you have any ideas that you think developers should use that would be really unique or more convenient on the Gamepad?

One thing that would be convenient for me is games that have you Create a character. If you've ever played a Wrestling game, you should know that it could take hours just to build the perfect character. So it would be great to customize your character on the Gamepad while another person could watch TV.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

You know how the Nintendo Network will be accessible through a PC and mobile devices, well I just had an idea for a WiiU Gamepad feature. How about some type of photography modification application? Art Academy and Colors 3D seemed to have been fairly successful apps on the 3DS eshop, so I'm pretty sure a photography customization application would be at least as successful on the WiiU eshop. The Wii had a Photo Channel, but it only possessed a very minimal amount of customization options, and left way too much to be desired. Plus, with the ability to transfer photos directly from your PC and or mobile device without the need for physically transferring SD cards back and forth between devices, would allow for the type of convenience that would actually make an application like this seem practical. The possibility for customization would be endless with the WiiU Gamepad's touchscreen.

Last edited by SunDown on 18/9/2012, 01:43; edited 2 times in total

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Have the option to use the WiiU pad as a separate screen for another player on a 2 player game, instead of splitscreen.

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

Maybe if someone could tether their cell phone to it wirelessly, it could somehow trigger an alert to the gamer if someone is calling or texting. I think that would be neat and maybe useful. I know how the volume can get pretty loud in these gaming sessions. Also, I know people complain about not being able to recognize their phone vibrating.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@LTG
I really like that idea!

@SunDown
I'm pretty sure that Ninty will have something like that.

@Lun
Who takes phone calls while they are in a gaming session? I make sure that no one bothers me when I'm gaming.

I think that using the panoramic view in a FPS would be pretty cool. You could move around with the Analog stick and use the Gamepad screen as the second analog stick to look around instead of using the actual joystick. I know this might be really inconvenient, but I think it would be a nice little feature.

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

I think they are gonna make the 2 player games tv and gamepad separate screen, they announced it when they previewed black ops 2

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Soundwav
I just watched the CoD video where they used a controller pro for the tv, and the gamepad for the 2nd player. That's gonna be great for the co-op games like RE and Army of Two. That's a whole lot better than using split screen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum