Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WiiU or 3DS?

5 posters

WiiU or 3DS?

WiiU or 3DS? I_vote_lcap63%WiiU or 3DS? I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
WiiU or 3DS? I_vote_lcap37%WiiU or 3DS? I_vote_rcap 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WiiU or 3DS? Empty WiiU or 3DS? 7/6/2012, 10:04

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

As some of you may know, I've been trying to decide between either purchasing a WiiU or a 3DS. I should have enough funds in my Amazon account by (June 10th) my birthday to order a 3DS, but I won't have enough to purchase any games. I wouldn't be able to purchase any 3DS games until this Christmas. If I just save my money until Christmas, I should have enough saved up to purchase a WiiU. Although, I'm not sure if I would be able to purchase any games for the WiiU at that time either. I'm finding this decision has been rather difficult to make, so I'm running this poll in hopes of reaching a conclusion. Please help me make this decision, and vote for either the WiiU or the 3DS. It would also be greatly appreciated, if you were to post the reasoning behind your belief.

2WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 7/6/2012, 13:46

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I'd say 3DS mainly because you've got the eShop where you can buy a few good quality cheapy titles along with Nintendo Video, Swapnote etc.

And you can browse the internet a lot quicker and easier than the Wii's, you can also put videos and music on the 3DS, StreetPass, chat with your friends, see what your friends are playing.

It's a nice little social hub you can use even without games. And when you do get the money to buy a game, get one that you'll enjoy for at least a few months.

It's really hard to make decision because I love my 3DS. There is the Wii U but for me there aren't any must-have games.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

3WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 7/6/2012, 15:13

[G4L]Mr.187

[G4L]Mr.187
Level 3

Don't listen to Demon, Sunny D.
Get a Wii U!!!
It's a BAWSSS.....you suck demon <3

4WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 7/6/2012, 17:36

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I agree with 187, Demon does suck :P

If it was me, I would go with the PS3 drunken . Just kidding, I would go with the WiiU. You can always just transfer your VC games, or you could play some old Wii games that you might have missed. And i think the new WiiU gamepad looks pretty Awesome! And it also sounds that the new system will be more of a social device, which I think you would use quite a bit.

5WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 7/6/2012, 17:58

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well screw you two... Neutral

To be honest, both are good consoles for their own reasons. 3DS has some really amazing titles while Wii U does absolutely everything.

I think this is going to be down to what you want, home console or portable. But don't forget, we have no definite price point for the Wii U or its games yet.

6WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 8/6/2012, 02:57

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well, it seems the 3DS is leading in the poll, so far. I now officially know I'll have enough credit in my Amazon account to order a 3DS. Soon I may also have almost enough credit to pre-order a copy of, "Heroes of Ruin," too! Although, that's only if I can finish enough surveys at ZoomPanel to acquire a $25 Amazon digital gift card, before the pre-order price guarantee expires. I'll still be about $4 or $5 short of pre-ordering a copy of, "Heroes of Ruin". I think I'm probably going to just purchase a 3DS, because I'm not completely sure I'll have enough credit in my account to purchase a WiiU at Christmas. I'm hoping I'll be able to find employment soon after I pass my G.E.D. testing, anyways. I'd probably be able to purchase a WiiU in no time, if I do find employment somewhere. If I purchase a 3DS, I'd have a home console and a handheld system to play on. I have plenty of Wii, WiiWare and VC games to play, until I can find a job and purchase a WiiU. I really don't want to miss out on all the fun Demonic and Rory are going to have playing, "Heroes of Ruin," together. That game is totally worth it, by itself alone. Not to even mention, "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon," "Super Mario 3D Land," "Kid Icarus: Uprising," and the upcoming TLoZ and Castlevania 3DS titles as well.

7WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 8/6/2012, 16:48

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Hopefully there won't be any region lock on Heroes of Ruin. :P

The 3DS is a very good console just by itself and having an online game for it makes the 3DS even more worth it.

8WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 8/6/2012, 18:48

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

I would just wait for the Wii U cause most games on the 3DS loose my interest pretty fast unless I'm on vacation, then it's pretty much all I do WiiU or 3DS? 631737971 but some people can enjoy 3DS games even though they are at their house. That's just not me Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

9WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 04:44

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I know I created this thread with the intention of allowing my fellow members to help sway my decision, but I already caved in and ordered a 3DS instead. I just couldn't control my compulsion, when I seen a brand new Flame Red 3DS listed on Amazon for only $144.00! I quickly ordered it, before my chance had come and gone. I had enough credit left over to pay for the 2-day shipment method which was an additional $15. My anticipation has been very high, because I've been seriously hoping to have the ability to experience, "Heroes of Ruin," alongside Rory and Demonic. I just hope I'm able to complete enough surveys at ZoomPanel to acquire the $25 Amazon digital gift card, before the pre-order price guarantee at Amazon expires. I just wanted to inform you guys, ahead of time. I now feel really sorry I even asked you to participate in this poll. I just hope you guys don't hold this against me.

10WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 11:46

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

And I win... look who sucks now 187 and Rory? Yeah, you do! WiiU or 3DS? 3053971583

11WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 14:57

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Demon
If you look at the poll, the majority would agree with 187 and I. So you still suck WiiU or 3DS? 631737971

@SunnyD
It doesn't matter which one you get because the 3DS is a great system, and I'm sure the WiiU will be pretty awesome. And unlike Danschemen, I'm the kind of person that can enjoy playing a handheld at home.

PS: I can give you a 25 dollar loan if you need it for Heroes of Ruin. That way you can hopefully get it while its still on sale.

12WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 15:26

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Rory Meh, it was never about the poll if you read Sun's last post so I win and you lose. WiiU or 3DS? 631737971

13WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 22:35

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well, technically you both win Demonic and Rory. Plus, I'll be playing, "Heroes of Ruin," alongside both of you. I enjoy handheld gaming at home as well Rory. I treated my DS Lite like it was made of gold. That is, until it came up missing about a year and a half ago. I'd except your generous offer Rory, but I really don't like loaning money from people my friend. I probably wouldn't be very motivated to complete any surveys, if I knew I already had, "Heroes of Ruin," pre-ordered. Those surveys are so fricken long and extremely boring. Hey Rory, do you know if Tech101 is purchasing a copy as well? By the way Demonic, I don't believe, "Heroes of Ruin," will be region locked. The description states that you will be able to play alongside others worldwide. I believe that means the world over, so we should have no problems joining each other. I believe the release date was rescheduled, because Square Enix is making sure everything is up and functioning in pristine condition.

Side Note: Where's the epic icon? I've noticed my epicness points have risen greatly over the past two weeks, but I have no idea which icon increases someone else's epicness.

Last edited by SunDown on 9/6/2012, 22:53; edited 1 time in total

14WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 9/6/2012, 22:49

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I hope it'll be worldwide... be stupid if it's region locked. Also I'm now thinking they'll release the daily quests when NA gets the game too, be a tad bit on the stupid side if we get the daily quests first while you guys miss out.

Can't wait to get my copy next week, I'm just hoping I'll have enough money for the game now. :/

Also, the like button is in the bottom left hand corner. :)

15WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 11/6/2012, 00:16

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Sunny, when is your 3DS supposed to show up? I just went to Gamestop today and looking at the release dates for the games, it looks like alot of the big titles are gonna get released within 2 to 3 months. Its gonna be a great year for the 3DS.

I know you plan on getting Heroes of Ruin for your first game but I think you should really look into buying Kid Icarus. That has been my favorite 3DS title so far.

16WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 11/6/2012, 04:19

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I just want to inform everybody why I ultimately decided to purchase a 3DS instead of the WiiU. Well, lets's begin with the facts, shall we. The 3DS has already demonstrated an exemplary track record with gamers and the videogaming industry alike. It has accumulated a wide variety of excellent titles, and has the largest handheld library of this generation. The WiiU appears to be a giant leap forward for Nintendo, but it will most likely be out of my price range at launch. Therefore, saving the credit I've accumulated in my Amazon account would've been all in vain. By purchasing the 3DS instead, I'll actually be able to purchase some games at Christmas. I also won't fall too behind the times, while I'm saving up to eventually purchase a WiiU. As Rory stated in another thread, this is going to be a great year to own a 3DS. There will be multiple must have AAA titles released this year. I also purchased my red Wii console really late in the game, but 2010 is considered by many to be the year of the Wii. I unknowingly purchased my Wii console in 2010, but was pleasantly surprised by the future lineup of games. One of those titles being the long awaited TLoZ: Skyward Sword. I'm still really glad I hadn't missed out on the very awesome golden Triforce WiiMote. I figured the Wii is now being phased out, and the 3DS still has a fairly lengthy lifespan ahead of it. I seen no reason in saving up indefinitely for the WiiU, while I could easily just purchase a 3DS. Which will keep me entertained, for the meantime. I hope this helps you guys to understand why I decided to overlook your advice. I hadn't really taken all of this into consideration, before I created this poll and come to this conclusion.

17WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 12/6/2012, 11:52

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@SunDown: Yeah the 3DS is looking pretty good so far, it's already got a lot of AAA titles and... some absolute garbage, but what console doesn't? The 3DS and Wii U will be rocking this year, so if you have even just one of them you'll be a happy man.

@RoryLee: Kid Icarus is a very good game indeed, feels more like an RPG with all the powers and weapons you can accumulate. However, I do find playing multiplayer rather annoying, getting spammed with laser beams, bombs... urgh, go away. But it's still incredibly fun.

Can't wait to see what they'll do with SSB on the 3DS, if it's anything like how Kid Icarus is, deep yet simple, then I think the 3DS will be THE handheld to have this generation.

18WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 12/6/2012, 15:06

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I find Kid Icarus awesome because they put more focus on the single player than on the multiplayer. I put about 50 hours into the solo-mode, and I probably split 10 hours between fusing weapons and playing online. Online can still be fun. I usually have more fun with KI online than I do Mario Kart.

But you are right about the 3DS. It's gonna be a great year for the handheld. So Sunny made the right choice.

19WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 12/6/2012, 17:46

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

My 3DS just arrived today guys. I have both Demonic and Rory registered already. Here's my 3DS friend code: 3222-6658-7489

20WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 13/6/2012, 00:26

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I got you added Sunny!

Watch out for Demon. He can be a real troll on Swapnote.

21WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 13/6/2012, 00:37

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Me? The troll? Lol shove off! You're the one who goes on a weeks hiatus and reappears out of nowhere and says my drawing of a Ford Mustang looks like a donkey... lolwhut?!

22WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 13/6/2012, 01:00

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I guess I was way off then. I just figured it was a Donkey since thats your favorite animal. WiiU or 3DS? 631737971

23WiiU or 3DS? Empty Re: WiiU or 3DS? 13/6/2012, 02:04

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Hahaha! When we play Heroes of Ruin together, you guys gotta promise me you'll bicker with each other just like you are now. I'll be loosing it, when I hear Demonic's proper European accent blurting out cuss words through my 3DS' speaker's. WiiU or 3DS? 364988687 lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum