Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wii U GamePad Latency is "Just 1/60 of a Second"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Wii U GamePad Latency is "Just 1/60 of a Second" Medium

Ubisoft's Michael Ancel, who is currently involved in bringing Rayman Legends to Wii U, discussed in an interview with Nintendo Power that developers can work on innovative features because the technology in the device is solid which suggests it's far more advanced than want many may think. Here's what he had to say:

I think this is where Nintendo is really out in front of things. The technology inside the controller is quite a bit more advanced than what people might think. It's really responsive. The response time is crazy, in fact, and I think the competitors will need some time to [get their solutions] this responsive.

It's crazy because the game is running in full HD [on the television], we are streaming another picture on the GamePad screen, and it's still 60 frames per second. And the latency on the controller is just 1/60 of a second, so it's one frame late. It's crazy, it's so fast. It's almost instant. That's why it responds so well. So it can be used as a real game-design thing.

Nintendo has never been famed for keeping up with cutting-edge technology, but this exceptional achievement of the delay between the GamePad and the television being just one second is truly amazing and that Nintendo's competitors, Sony and Microsoft, will need "some time before they can get their products this responsive."

Are you even more excited now?

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I've been excited for the WiiU since I first heard about it. Hearing all this good stuff just makes me even more excited. And its good to hear that there is not gonna be any lag on the Gamepad. I wasn't too worried about it in the first place, but good to hear the developers say good things about the WiiU.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]