Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

3DS (VC Recommendations)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13DS (VC Recommendations)  Empty 3DS (VC Recommendations) 10/7/2012, 06:28

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

So far, I can only recommend two 3DS Gameboy VC titles.

Metroid II: Return of Samus - Gameboy VC
It may be a step down graphically, but Metroid II definitely compensates for this in other areas. This entry adds a lot of new and unique gameplay mechanics, compared to it's predecessor. Including new weapons like the Spazer Laser Beam and Plasma Beam. It also introduces new abilities like the Spider Ball, Space Jump and Spring Ball. Which makes the experience much more interactive and interesting. It's also the only entry in the series to display every stage of the Metroid's evolution. In fact, I honestly believe Metroid II is superior to it's NES ancestor. The map is even more confusing and elaborate this time around. Which can cause navigating Zebus to become a seriously daunting task. Especially, because there's no color to help you identify your location. I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete Metroid II, without printing out an overworld map from GameFAQs. 8/10

Donkey Kong 94 - Gameboy VC
Wow! What a gem of a Gameboy title this one is. Hands down, this has to be the most enjoyable puzzle/platformer I've ever experienced. Maybe even the most enjoyable Gameboy title I've ever experienced. It offers charming graphics, precise and responsive controls, ingenius level designs and a type of gaming experience that any hardcore or casual gamer can appreciate. So far, this is definitely my most highly recommended 3DS Gameboy VC title that is currently available. 9/10

Side Note: I just downloaded, "Super Mario Land," and, "Gargoyle's Quest". I'm just waiting for SML2 and TLoZ: LA DX to go on sale, and I'm waiting for SML3 to arrive on the NA eShop. I might, might still have enough in my account to download, "Avenging Spirit," as well.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

I'm probably the wrong guy to be recommending this game because I play this with rose tinted spectacles, this was one of the first games I ever played on my original Game Boy Color and I absolutely loved it. It's a rather simple game but it's an absolute classic, if you even mildly like Zelda then you should definitely play this game, it'll change you from liking it to loving it. It's one of those few Zelda games that might be as basic as it comes but it's fun as heck, oh and being able to steal from the shop owner is definitely a plus. ;)

Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble

Never played this before so I gave it a whirl anyway and it is incredibly fun, however the main game doesn't last too long, I finished it in about 2 hours but what there is of it is a lot of fun even if it is as basic as a shoe lace.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Wasn't, "Sonic the Hedgehog 2," on GameGear as well? I remember when I was younger playing a Sonic game on the GameGear that had Tails in it.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

You can play as Tails in Triple Trouble, maybe that is the game you're thinking about? Personally I find Tails a better fit in Triple Trouble, Sonic always seems quite slow when he's moving around until you start picking up speed which takes a while, but hey what can ya do about it? :/ It's still a great game though, definitely worth a go, even if it might be on the short side.

One game that should definitely be purchased though is Super Mario Bros., it's an absolute classic and whoever hasn't downloaded is causing a grave sin and is punishable by death!

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Another game that you should look into is Cave Story. I downloaded this for the Wii, but I think it would be better suited for the 3DS.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

RoryLee wrote:Another game that you should look into is Cave Story. I downloaded this for the Wii, but I think it would be better suited for the 3DS.

I love how that's not a Virtual Console game lol.

Also, since we're on the subject of Cave Story, you might as well wait for the digital version to appear on the eShop in due time, I think it'll be going the way of the previous instalments with the classic graphics rather than the retail version for the 3DS with the updated graphics.

But who cares about this shoddy over-made game? let's talk about...

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

I played it once before I bought it on a friends Game Boy and really enjoyed it. It's actually a lot of fun and definitely worth picking it up, it might be rather short, I think it's only got 6 worlds with 4 or 5 levels in each one, the last one having a boss at the end of course. You can choose which ever world you want to go to first, my favourite is probably the Halloween inspired one with the boo's and skeletons and what not.

The game also has a nice little shop you can visit where you can use your coins you find throughout the level s you play through to spend on little mini-games where you can either get more lives or a power-up which is actually rather nifty.

This is one game everyone should play, no matter how young or old you are. It's an absolute classic and I still can't get enough of it, simply amazing!

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Demon
Excuse me that I didnt read the whole title :P

@Sunny
SML2 is an awesome game! I'm glad that I downloaded it because I never had the original Gameboy when I was growing up. My cousing had one, but all he had was Links Awakening and Tetris. And we all know there aint nothing wrong with them two games.

Bionic Commando: I downloaded this game a while back. I havent really put that much time into it but if you enjoyed the NES version of the game, I'm pretty sure that you would like the GB version. I'm not sure...but this game almost seems identical to the original version.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

"Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters," has arrived on the NA eShop. Will you be downloading this soon?

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Never have been interested in KI: Of Myths and Monsters and its been on the eShop for ages over here. Just not my thing I guess, KI:U is perfect for me though.

Still need to get playing more VC games, I can definitely recommend Metroid Fusion though, but only Ambassadors can download it. :S

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I still haven't completed the original Kid Icarus on the Wii VC yet. I guess OMaM is an equally good game, just a little easier.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I downloaded Kid Icarus:Myths and Monsters. I havent gotten to play it yet since I've been playing Sword of Hope II, which is actually a really good game. If you got the extra funds I would give that game a try, but only if you like those old school RPG's.

The original Kid Icarus is only tough on the first few stages. After I completed those it got alot easier.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've also been informed elsewhere that Sword of Hope II is a really good old-school RPG, but I still have a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles left to concentrate on. Be sure to let us know if Of Myths and Monsters is as good as it seems Rory.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

So, who else is going to be downloading Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land and or Mole Mania?

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Me!! I never played either of these games, so I'm really looking forward to it. And I've been really impressed with the eShop so far. I got to experience alot of good Gameboy games that I missed out on when I was younger. And it seems like I missed out on quite a bit, because all of my GB games that I downloaded have been nothing but Great! 3DS (VC Recommendations)  631737971

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just recently beat Kid Icarus:Myth and Monsters, Wario Land 3, and Gargoyles Quest. And I have to say that all three deserve a download.

If you like the original Kid Icarus, you will more than likely want to play this one.

Gargoyles Quest: I had a lot of fun with this game. I actually found it to be pretty challenging and ended up dying quite a bit...but not to the Oki.t where it was frustrating.

Wario Land 3: I never played it back in the day so this was a new experience for me. I plan on playing this again so I can get all the treasures and make some more money, and hopefully get a better ending than my first play- thru.

All great games with a reasonable price 3DS (VC Recommendations)  631737971

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've only played a very little bit of Gargoyle's Quest, but it was very enjoyable. RoryLee, I never had the chance to experience Wario Land as a child either. I only had SML2, when I younger. I believe I was informed somewhere that you need to collect every treasure and at least 10,000 coins, to receive the very best ending.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

:O That's alot of treasures to collect! It will be fun trying to find all of them. It actually took me awhile to get the hang of the game and controls, so I'm sure I'll be doing a whole lot better on my 2nd playthrough.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Is Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble the best Sonic title available for the GameGear? I only wish to download one Sonic the Hedgehog game onto my 3DS, and I'd really like to know if this should be that game.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Did they have more than one Sonic game for the Game Gear? I'm not a big Sonic fan, so I won't be able to help you out.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah, I believe there was at least a few Sonic the Hedgehog titles for the GameGear. Nevermind though Rory, because I read somewhere that Sonic Chaos is the second best Sonic title for the GameGear. I was also informed that the best GameGear Sonic title hasn't arrived on the 3DS VC yet.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Second best is pretty good. If I was a Sonic fan i wouldve downloaded this when it first came out.

Do you know if the other Sonic game is gonna make it to the eShop?

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Actually Rory, I believe I may have misread that statement. It may have ment that Sonic Chaos is the second best Sonic the Hedgehog title for the GameGear, and Sonic the Hedgegog: Triple Trouble is actually the best Sonic title for the GameGear. I believe that article may have been created, before Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble had arrived on the eShop. Also, I've been informed that Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble is the closest GameGear experience you can get to playing an actual Sonic the Hedgehog title on the Genesis. I've always been a Nintendo fan, so I don't really know shit about Sonic the Hedgehog. Well, except for the after school cartoons I used to watch as a child. I believe Chris had posted something about Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble awhile ago. Maybe he would know the answer to our question. Otherwise, I just don't know Rory. Though, I wish I did, because I'd really like to know if I should wait for a better GameGear Sonic title to download.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Based on some reviews I've read, it seems Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble actually is the best Sonic title for the GameGear. I guess Sonic the Hedgehog II is actually the second best. The reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble aren't the most ensuring, so I'm not sure it's even worth it to have access to a Sonic the Hedgehog game on my 3DS. I'll guess I'll just wait for the Mega Drive to make it's debut on the 3DS VC. Which I think is a big possibility.

243DS (VC Recommendations)  Empty Re: 3DS (VC Recommendations) 21/12/2012, 00:09

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've been saving $5 and some change in my eShop account just for Wario Land II, so I hope it's at least as good as Wario Land. I'm also interested in escapeVektor: Chapters 1-4 & Fluidity: Spin Cycle, but I'm very weary about the 360ยบ control method in Spin Cycle. What are your thought's guys?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum