Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Top 3 Game Characters.

+6
[G4L] P.K.
SunDown
danschemen
[G4L]Mr.187
Demonic
RoryLee
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your Top 3 Game Characters. Empty Your Top 3 Game Characters. 21/5/2012, 19:08

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Every few days I am gonna ask you what "Your Top 3" would be. Today I'm gonna start with Mario games.

3) Super Mario World.
This game has a lot of charm. Almost everything in it is memorable. From the music, sound effects, bosses, power-ups. The graphic are top notch, and the gameplay and controls are flawless.

2) Mario 64.
Talk about leaving a first impression on somebody. This game brought alot of new experiences for the player. The freedom you had was great. I remember just running around just checking things out.

1) Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Not much to say about this except that this game is a Masterpiece. My number 1 pick was easy. It was the other picks that I really had to think about. Your Top 3 Game Characters. 589189497

Last edited by RoryLee on 21/6/2012, 14:58; edited 4 times in total

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

1) Super Mario Advance 4

I have so many memories playing this on my good ol' purple Game Boy Advance. Easily one of the best Super Mario games for me.

2) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Not all that well known, but it's a pretty good classic none-the-less. Easily waste many hours just gathering coins and stomping baddies.

3) Super Mario Galaxy

What it doesn't have in length, it has in charm, amazement and pure fun! It's one of my favourite 3D Mario games so far. I would've put Mario 64, but the experience didn't really live with me after I completed it.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

[G4L]Mr.187

[G4L]Mr.187
Level 3

1. Mario N64
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario Bros 3(SNES Version)

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. New Super Mario Bros.
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) Super Mario Bros.
3) Super Mario Bros. 2

I've yet to play Super Mario World, or Super Mario Galaxy 2. I've barely played any of Super Mario Galaxy, because I have Xenoblade Chronicles and then Skyward Sword to finish playing through first. From what I've experienced, I know Super Mario Galaxy will become my very favorite Mario title I've played, so far.

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

1)Mario 64
2)Galaxy 2
3)Super Mario Bros. 2

Honorable Mention:
Super Mario World
-The difference in graphics jumping from Nes to Snes was impressive, plus Yoshi's gameplay was really good.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

danschemen wrote:1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. New Super Mario Bros.
You little whipper snapper! Your Top 3 Game Characters. 364988687

Mr.187, for some reason, I just couldn't ever get into Super Mario Bros. 3. I don't know why, I just couldn't. It's probably my least liked Mario title.

Oops... Are we allowed to chat in this thread?

🎸 Hey! Where have you been Jack?

[G4L]Mr.187

[G4L]Mr.187
Level 3

SunDown wrote:
danschemen wrote:1. Super Mario 3D Land
2. New Super Mario Bros.
You little whipper snapper! Your Top 3 Game Characters. 364988687

Mr.187, for some reason, I just couldn't ever get into Super Mario Bros. 3. I don't know why, I just couldn't. It's probably my least liked Mario title.

Oops... Are we allowed to chat in this thread?

🎸 Hey! Where have you been Jack?

Ha, bet you played it on the NES instead of the improved version in Mario Allstars for the SNES

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@SunnyD
Of course you can talk in here. And I kind of fell the same way about Mario 3. It's not one of my favorites but I still think its a great game.

@Lun
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves Mario 2. That was my most played back in the day. Awesome list Your Top 3 Game Characters. 631737971

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

@Rory, yeah, Mario 2 was one of my favorites b/c it seemed like worlds were planned out more kind hearted and it had more adventurous stages. Still tough, but losing lives upon lives in a row didn't seem like as much of a downward spiral within your mind as the first Mario. If I ever play the first Mario game again, or anyone else want's to play it again, and is committed to beating it, I suggest you choose to play it around people, or in a room where lots of different, generally positive things, devices, ect. are readily available to also interact with when getting a feel for some of the stages again.

Last edited by [G4L] P.K. on 27/5/2012, 16:28; edited 1 time in total

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

3)Final Fantasy VIII: This game had some of the coolest cutscenes that I have ever seen. The ballroom dance and the parade are ones that really come to mind. And the story is pretty cool. It almost has a Harry Potter feel to it in some ways. And it really changed up a few things from all the other FF games.

2)Chrono Trigger: The characters are definitely memorable to me. I love the time traveling aspect of the game. Going around and picking up people from the past and the future was definitely cool. This RPG was different from all the other ones that I have played. It pretty much got rid of the random encounters, it came with different endings, and you could do combo moves with all of the characters. Check it out on the VC if you havent played before.

1)Earthbound: One of the craziest RPGs that I have ever played. One of the things that really stick with me is when some guy attacks you on the streets, and after you beat him he said he only attacked you because he spraint his ankle, Lol.

@SunnyD
Sorry Xenoblade didnt make it on the list. Thats only because I havent beat the game yet, but its definitely on my top 5 list of RPGs. It has one of the best stories of all of them so far. And I'm really looking forward to see how it plays out.

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

I don't play role playing games.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

3) Y's Book 1&2 (VC)
I downloaded this from the VC on a whim, and it turned out to be a really decent RPG. The dungeons/temples have puzzle elements, just like in TLoZ. The boss battles reminded me of TLoZ too. Besides the puzzle elements and boss battles resembling those found in TLoZ, the music was my favorite part of this game. I found myself humming along to every song.

2) Xenoblade Chronicles
It's pretty obvious that I love this RPG. If you wish to know why this is, just read my posts in the, "Xenoblade Chronicles," thread. I really don't feel like repeating myself again. Your Top 3 Game Characters. 364988687

1) Earthbound
I'm in the same boat as Rory, with this RPG. The quirky characters, NPCs, and enemies were just so unique, compared to any other RPG I've experienced. The storyline was very original, and it had some really humorous parts. Every aspect of this RPG just oozed character and charm, in some cases literally. I was actually saddened when the game came to an end. After the game was over, you could revisit every location you previously encountered. Which would allow you to experience things you were never able to before. Like purchasing a house, and NPCs would have new dialogue for you to read. It was just a perfect way to end such an amazing game. It's just a shame, it'll probably never be emulated onto any VC. I'll never forget the experience, or the hours of enjoyment I had with this RPG.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@SunnyD
I'll have to look into Ys RPG. And I also thought about buying a Super NES and Earthbound. I know Earthbound might be pretty spendthrift but its the game that I really want to go back and play.

Jack

Jack
Level 2

Never played final fantasy, but I'll give my favorite Mario games.
1) Mario Tennis GBA
2) Super Mario Bros.
3) New Super Mario Bros.

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah Rory, you should definitely at least look into Y's Book 1&2. NintendoLife awarded it a 9/10, and IGN gave it an 8.5/10. It's only 800 Wii points too. Which is a really good price, considering you receive two Turbografx-16 games in one. The music is some of the best I've ever heard in an RPG or any videogame, for that matter. It's just a shame that Y's Book 3 still hasn't made an appearance on the VC service yet.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Changed to your Top 3 RPGs? I'm guessing this going to become a daily type of thing? o.0

My favourite RPGs are as follows:

1) Monster Hunter Tri - The biggest and easily the best RPG I've played in a while, even if it did get stale towards the end, it's still pretty epic!

2) Super Mario RPG - Love this game, there's something about Mario and an RPG that is just amazing.

3) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Really amazing, still haven't played much of it but what I've played so far is exquisite! Definitely a must-have RPG title for any DS owner.

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

1.Kingdom Hearts 2
I love the whole series but this one is my favorite. Great controls,Great action. The story is best! Drama, Action, Love
you name it.

2.Jak 2
Just another classic Ps2 game, ass load of action, more adult than the first one, and jak 3 just was not as good

3.Final Fantasy 3 (Genesis)
yet another classic, this was one of my first games, genesis was my first console

sry if I did not put alot of detail into this

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'll have to check out Kingdom Hearts for the DS. I never played a KH game before, so that's why I'm really looking forward to the 3DS game. The only reason I stayed away from the DS game is because the reviews weren't that fantastic. If I happen to see it at a good price, I just might pick it up.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

The problem with KH is that they all interlock, so if you haven't played one you won't know what the hells going on in the next one. I had to read up on the game before 358/2 Days to see what the hell is happening.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

These are my 3 top tv shows.

3)True Blood: This is a show about vampires living among the humans. I dont really know what to say except that its a great show.

2)Survivor: This is a reality show about contestants who are stuck on an island, and the last one to get voted off wins a million dollars. I love this show because it has lying, backstabbing, tough challenges, and its really cool to see how people act when they get stuck on an island with a bunch of strangers.

1)Impact Wrestling: This is my all time favorite show! I've been watching IW since 2003 till present. I always look forward to watching a new episode every week and plan on doing so until IW is no more.

Runner Up is the Walking Dead: This a great zombie show that really gets you on the edge of your seat. It was really hard to choose between this and True Blood.

[G4L]Mr.187

[G4L]Mr.187
Level 3

1.South Park
2.Family Guy
3.Jersey Shore

Pffff.....I really need to grow up....

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

3)Metroid: This is one of my faves because I love the exploration of the alien worlds. And I love how you always start out with just enough to protect yourself and the feeling you get when you finally grab that new weapon. Other great things about this game is the music, atmosphere, and the action from the FPS and the classic 2D games.

2)Super Smash Bros: This game is just a blast! I can't tell you how many hours I put into all 3 of the games. Everytime I play this game is just pure enjoyment for me.bin really looking forward to another game, but with better online.

1)Zelda: This one was a no-brainer. This will always be my all time favorite. I still have very fond memories from each Zelda that has come out over the years. And not many games bring that feeling that I get when I start my journey through Hyrule.

Runner up: Resident Evil. I'm a big horror fan, and RE is the best there is.

[G4L]Mr.187

[G4L]Mr.187
Level 3

1.Zelda
Every Zelda game has been a great and fun experience so far.
They allways do new things with each new Zelda and i think that's one of the biggest things that kept every Zelda game EPIC!!!

2.GTA
What can i say?
I love being a Gangster and kill people... Twisted Evil

3.Mario
The first word i learned in life was ''Mario''...No joke...
nuf said :O

4.Donkey Kong
Sorry for a 4th one, but i think Dk deserves a spot too :P
It's sucks that the crocs left the new Dk game... i loved kicking K.Rool ASS!!!

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

Demonic wrote:The problem with KH is that they all interlock, so if you haven't played one you won't know what the hells going on in the next one. I had to read up on the game before 358/2 Days to see what the hell is happening.
and what's worse is that they spread the KH series on so many different systems.

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum