Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion)

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Has anyone else been contemplating on purchasing this racer lately? I've read a few articles and seen screenshots of the HD versions, and this appears like it's going to be really awesome online multiplayer racer for the 3DS as well. I know the majority of 3DS owners already have Mario Kart 7, but it's been awhile since I've seen anyone actually bring that game up for discussion. I figure the online multiplayer will be much more active than Mario Kart 7, by the time hits store shelve's. I'm thinking about pre-ordering the Bonus Edition as a Christmas present. What do the rest of my NintenBros. think?

Last edited by SunDown on 27/10/2012, 03:59; edited 3 times in total

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I haven't read up anything on this. I'm not sure. I'm more likely to get a Mario Kart game, but the Title "Transformed" sound intriguing.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm interested in this, but it all depends on what kind of reviews the game gets. I hope it does well because I need something new, compared to the old Mario Kart formula. Once it gets closer to release I will keep my eye on it for some info.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed BONUS EDITION includes exclusive content!

*Outrun Bay track + Challenges & Time Trials
*Metal Sonic & Transforming vehicle
*Stickers for your in-game license

Sonic and the All-Stars cast line-up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. Compete across the land, water and air in incredible transforming vehicles that change from cars to boats to planes mid-race. Master your driving skills as you drift, barrel roll (YES, BARREL ROLL!) and boost to overtake your rivals, or use your weapons tactically and unleash your All-Star move to gain the winning advantage.

It's not just your fellow racers you need to watch out for, as the road falls away beneath you, or the river runs dry, new routes emerge and your vehicle transforms to take advantage of the terrain. Discover alternative routes and short cuts as you perfect the course in this adrenaline fueled dash to the finish line - racing will never be the same again. This is not just racing, it's racing transformed!

Fully Transformable Vehicles
This is no ordinary race. Each character is equipped with their own unique vehicle that can transform into a car, boat and plane to take advantage of the challenging terrains. Each vehicle handles differently and players must master all three to triumph.

Choose your Racer
Over 20 legendary All-Stars are back. The starting line-up has been transformed as new iconic characters from the world of SEGA join the race. What other game has a hedgehog battle it out against a monkey, a sky pirate and an axe weilding dwarf!

Dynamic Tracks
Take to land, sea & air as you race through 16 dynamically changing courses inspired by SEGA's illustrious gaming history. Discover hidden routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory - every track feels different.

Tools of Devastation
Utilise an arsenal of devastating weapons which require skill to aim, shoot, evade and block. The All-Star Moves also return, this time the more daring and stylishly you race, the more your All-Star meter increases allowing you to unleash carnage on your opponets.

Ultimate Gaming Experience
Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 8 player online. Journey through the All-Stars' world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas, and an incredible World Tour.

All information above was provided by SEGA's official website. I was unable to locate any screenshots for the 3DS version yet. I'll keep a look out for them, and add them into this post as soon as possible. I'll also keep this post updated, if and when new information becomes available.

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Thanks SunDown. I'm glad they're bringing it to the 3ds too. I still need to get Mariokart. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get it for my birthday. I might have gotten mk3ds beforebut thought I should get Wendy one too when I do.

Anyway, back on topic. It would be cool it This Sonic game went for 30 dollars. I also think I played a previous version at my one of my brother's house.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

NOSOUP4U, you can pre-order the BONUS EDITION at Amazon for $29.99. I believe the BONUS EDITION is only available through pre-order, though. The price will most likely increase to $39.99 near the time of it's release.

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Ok. Good to know, Thanks. What was the release day on this?

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

11/20/2012

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Cool. That's not too far away. Thanks for the info.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

That's why I decided to bring this up now NOSOUP4U. I'm going to try and pre-order the BONUS EDITION as a Christmas present, while I still can.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

[01]RoryLee wrote:I'm interested in this, but it all depends on what kind of reviews the game gets. I hope it does well because I need something new, compared to the old Mario Kart formula. Once it gets closer to release I will keep my eye on it for some info.

Same here, I'm hoping it works well especially since it's working on the same principle as Mario Kart 7 with air, water and ground. The Mario Kart games are a lot of fun, but I think the formula needs some changing up, it feels too samey now, like with the NSMB series in a way...

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I assume this is coming out on the day the WiiU comes out(or there abouts) because the WiiU version is listed for Wii U launch day.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Alright, I'm just confirming that I will definitely be pre-ordering a copy of the Bonus Edition, at the very beginning of next month. That way, I'll be able to purchase a copy for $10 cheaper, and receive an extra track, vehicle, character and more!

NOSOUP4U, "Sonic & AllStars Racing - Transformed," will be released on Nov. 20th. I'd rather purchase a copy of this for the 3DS, even if I could purchase a WiiU. Because it has been confirmed that the WiiU version will not possess voice chat features, and as far as I have knowledge, the 3DS version will. I mean, just imagine how much more enjoyable, "Mario Kart 7," would be, if you could trash talk with your friends. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 364988687

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Sunny
Are you sure about the voice chat? I'm still not sold on this game yet. I want to see some reviews first before I put any money towards this game.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

So far what little I have seen of the 3DS version, seriously I can't find much on the 3DS version, it looks pretty good and it looks a lot of fun, but I'll do the "Rory strategy" here and wait for some reviews... I'm always dubious with SEGA at the moment, some times they release quality and then it's shovelware.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Unfortunately, yes. Sega confirmed that the WiiU version will not support voice chat, because the Gamepad's microphone doesn't support voice chat features on it's own. I believe it requires a USB headset, just like the Wii did. I guess Sega didn't want to force people to purchase a USB headset, so they excluded the voice chat feature in the WiiU version. Or Sega wasn't sure how to implement it. The X-box 360 & PS3 versions are confirmed to support voice chat, and there has been no mentioning at all of the 3DS version. So I've come to the conclusion that the 3DS version will support voice chat, since there's no possible reason why it wouldn't. Plus, I think Sega would've made a point of mentioning it.

Chris, you're right. There's barely any information available for the 3DS version. The information I posted in this thread was really the only information I was able to obtain for the 3DS. I haven't been able to locate a single screenshot, specifically for the 3DS version. There is plenty of information on the internet about the original, "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing," and it seemed to have been received exceptionally well across all applicable platforms.

Edit: I've provided a link below that will direct you to the article on Nintendo Life.

http://nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/no_voice_support_for_sonic_and_all_stars_racing_transformed_on_wii_u

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Sunny
I wouldnt get your hopes up about the 3DS version having voice chat. Just because they can have it, doesnt mean that they will add it.

Chris720 wrote:I'm always dubious with SEGA at the moment, some times they release quality and then it's shovelware.

And I'm still pissed about the comments they made awhile back. Blaming the customers for not buying their crappy games. If they put out some quality stuff, then they might actually sell something.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well Rory, I just figured since the PS3 & X-box 360 versions will support voice chat, why the hell wouldn't the 3DS version? I'm still very excited about this racer. I just hope I'm not severely disappointed.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

.:RoryLee:. wrote:If they put out some quality stuff, then they might actually sell something.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971

@Sun I'd wait for some reviews to start hitting the internet before I start hitting the pre-order button... you know what SEGA are like, they hype up their games so they look the business but when push comes to shove it's a total flop.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I have officially pre-ordered a copy! Also, it seems the release date has been pushed forward to Dec. 11th now.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Here's a couple videos I found on YouTube that you may not have seen yet. Which showcase most of the racing elements.

Here's a gameplay impressions video of the WiiU version:

Discussion of, "Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed," begins at about the 14:25 mark.

Edit: I don't know which coding I'm supposed to use, so that the video is visible on the Wii browser. If someone else could please edit the coding, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Chris, did you disable the bold text? I've been unable to use bold text for awhile now. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 3686606283

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Stop your ranting and raving lol, I increased the fonts weight to make it a bit bigger, I didn't think it would stop the bold text from working. Sheesh... these little complainers who go crazy red faced over a small thing lol.

By the way, the Wii has to use HTML to view the videos, so you need to use the embed code. Share > Embed > Copy code to here > Job done.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

LOL!! This is a good way to start the morning. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971

The gameplay looks really good. That first video really did not show a whole lot, it was just the dude driving around the track the whole time. But when the vehicle transformed, that reminded me of Diddy Kong Racing. And I thought that was really cool.

And no way am I gonna watch that 2nd video. About 35 minutes!! I thought the first video was just a hair too long.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

LOL!! This is a good way to start the morning.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971

I couldn't watch the first one, that guy wouldn't stop talking and the gameplay was pretty terrible at best but I have to say, the game does look really nice. However, I'm still not holding out on this game, who knows if this game will just dive off a cliff...

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Dive off the cliff and transform into a big pile of shit!

Don't take this too serious now, Sunny Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Transformed (Discussion) 631737971

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum