Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

La-Mulana (Discussion)

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty La-Mulana (Discussion) 20/9/2012, 22:08

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

So, today is the day North America & Europe finally receive the long awaited La-Mulana. Have any of my G4L Nintenbros downloaded La-Mulana yet, or do you any of you plan to download it sometime in the near future? I think 1,000 Wii points for an adventure & exploration game which can last an estimated 40 + hours of playtime is a really great deal. Plus, I'm going to need a retro style platformer with a stiff challenge, after I finish Mutant Mudds and VVVVVV.

Last edited by SunDown on 5/10/2012, 06:21; edited 1 time in total

2La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 21/9/2012, 00:09

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm definitely interested in the game. I'm just not sure if I should wait for a review, or just take a chance and download it. Right now I think I'm more geared to just give in and get it. I like that the creator was really pushing to get his game on the VC, so that would be another reason why I would download it.

3La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 21/9/2012, 01:43

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'm sorry Rory, but I wasn't able to locate any reviews pertaining to the WiiWare version, but Destructoid awarded the $15 PC version an 8 out of 10.

4La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 21/9/2012, 15:45

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Nope. I haven't downloaded this yet. I wouldn't mind trying a demo of it. If they put one out.

5La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 22/9/2012, 00:41

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I wouldn't hold your breath NOSOUP4U, because I highly doubt we'll ever be given access to a demo my friend. NLife has already awarded it a 10 out of 10. It just doesn't get any better than that. Even if they're over exaggerating, La-Mulana couldn't be anything less than an 8 out of 10. I don't know about you, but I don't to need to be persuaded any further.

Last edited by SunDown on 24/9/2012, 04:22; edited 1 time in total

6La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 24/9/2012, 04:15

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Well... I should read some of the info out there on, maybe watch a video or two. Just to get a feel for what it's like. Probably won't get it anytime soon. Possibly down the line though.

7La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 24/9/2012, 04:25

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I was informed by Rukiafan's review of La-Mulana that it can provide up to 80 hours of gameplay, if you're a completionist.

8La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 24/9/2012, 15:03

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Damn! 80 hours Shocked . I played a little bit of it over the weekend. I'm loving it so far and I'm really looking forward to play some more this weekend. If you haven't yet, go download this game now.

9La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 24/9/2012, 15:05

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Wow. That's alot for a game that's not an RPG. Thanks.

10La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 24/9/2012, 16:33

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm actually getting a little tired of these games that require so many hours. I prefer a game to range from 15 to 30 hours. Anything over that kinda kills it for me. Most games have great replay value, but when you spend 50 to a 100 hours on a game, that doesn't make me want to replay the game anytime soon.

11La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 25/9/2012, 02:40

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, that was only an estimation for a completionist my friend. If you were to only complete the mandatory objectives, it would probably only require around 15-30 hours to finish. I don't know when I'll have the money to purchase La-Mulana. Which sucks, because I'd rather play it while some of my friends are too. It's always more enjoyable to discuss the game with your friends as you're playing it. I was hoping to win September's posting contest, but I fear Rory already has that prize in the bag.

12La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 25/9/2012, 03:03

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Rory huh? Not if I can help it. You shouldn't give up either. We're all not that far away from each other.

13La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 01:29

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

It looks like I was right NOSOUP4U, heh? Chris, has been nowhere to be found lately, anyhow. Anyways, has anyone from here decided to download this yet? I would've already done so myself, but I've only got 200 lousy Wii points left in my account. I'd just like to know if it's really as good as others are claiming it is, so I'll know if it's worth trying to remember and download it in the future someday.

14La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 02:24

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Actually I think read the review on this and it actually DOES sound pretty decent. So I may just get this sometime down the road.

15La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 13:10

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

This game is wayyy better than Decent!! I'd figure that this game would be for you since you are the LTG. It plays like a hardcore Metroidvania. I've died quite a bit already, but its not too hard where it gets too frustrating.

16La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 13:16

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Thanks RoryLee. Yeah that sounds good. I like Metroidvania type games.

17La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 13:24

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Yeah, but are you up to the challenge? Because it's gonna kick your ass! La-Mulana (Discussion) 631737971

18La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 30/9/2012, 15:42

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Well it'll probably take a long time. I still need to get back to Cavestory and finish it.

19La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 1/10/2012, 01:05

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Cavestory for the 3DS or the Wii?

20La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 1/10/2012, 02:30

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I can't wait until I come across some money. This will be the very next game I download, no matter what. I keep teasing myself, because I can't resist from reading through the La-Mulana threads at Nlife & WiiWareWave.

21La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 1/10/2012, 03:41

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Heh' heh. I like to do that. Like when a new system is coming out. I'm sure I've probably done it for certain games too.
I read about this game, but I'd like to take a close look at some picture and possibly videos too.

@RoryLee: Cavestory on the old wii. That's in my bedroom and I don't play that as much in there. I like sitting in the recliner in the living room better.
Anyway I got to a certain point that I need to get back to and beat. Too bad I got it on wii, since they have it for the 3ds (In 3D) . :)

22La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 2/10/2012, 07:45

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'm pretty there are probably gameplay videos available on YouTube NOSOUP4U.

23La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 3/10/2012, 14:35

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I liked that there were some big bosses in this, when I looked at some pictures.

24La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 3/10/2012, 22:53

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Just saw to videos on the Nintendo Channel. Pretty sweet. I'd only seen pictures till now.

25La-Mulana (Discussion) Empty Re: La-Mulana (Discussion) 3/10/2012, 23:42

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I haven't seen any booby traps that will kill you instantly. But once you fall into one, you are gonna have to restart your game if you don't have a certain item in your inventory...which I don't have. And you have a life guage so you will be taking plenty of damage from enemies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum