Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!!

+6
[G4L] P.K.
Demonic
RoryLee
SunDown
X-145
danschemen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/5/2012, 04:21

X-145

X-145
Level 3

How do you bear Xord in the ether mine!? I just can't win...

77XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/5/2012, 11:55

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

I died a few times on him but , i say just fight the lil mechs and get your chain meter up then , Break Topple then what ever attacks when he's toppled & Repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

78XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/5/2012, 23:12

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I was over leveled by the time I reached the battle with Xord, from completing so many sidequests. So he was a push over for me. But listen to Gameday, X-145. Dispatch the smaller Mechon first, and then focus on defeating Xord. By destroying the smaller Mechon first, you'll fill up a good majority of your Party Gauge. Which will allow you to perform a chain attack against Xord earlier on. It will also make it much easier to focus on battling Xord. Once you've activated a chain attack, you'll want to Break with Skulk, Topple with Reyn and whatever you choose to do with Sharla. Then while Xord is down, use Shulk's Monado Buster attack on him. Just keep repeating the process, until he falls to his demise. Or has he? XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 364988687

Rory, I know I'm taking forever to get anywhere. It's because of all the sidequests I've been doing. Also, I don't play everyday. I only play about 2 or 3 times a week, and I usually play for between 3-4 hours at a time. I have a ton of sidequests to complete in the Makna Forest, right now. Those damn Nopon are some really needy creatures, aren't they? Hey Rory, do you know how to reach that area across the river with the broken bridge? It's a little further down the river from Bridge 3. There's a couple sidequests I'm having some difficulty completing, but I can't remember exactly which ones they were. I'll find out which ones they are tonight, and I'll probably ask you tomorrow if you know how to complete them. Unless I end up completing them myself, that is. I'm trying to do every sidequest available in the game, during my first playthrough. Because I'm not going to do any sidequests whenever I begin a New Game + file. I'll already posses all of the best rewards you can receive from doing sidequests, and I'll most likely be level capped by the end of my first playthrough. So there won't be any reason for me to do any sidequests whenever I begin my New Game + file. I'll only be playing through Xenoblade Chronicles a second time, so I can experience the amazing story, cutscenes again and to complete any Trials I might not have completed during my first playthrough. Also, so I can kill any unique monsters I may have missed on my first playthrough. I believe there is a cut-off point later on in the game. My party may not be strong enough to defeat those unique monsters, before I reach that point in the game.

79XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/5/2012, 03:07

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

You will not be able to finish the bridge until later in the game. I'm pretty sure that you will get it because you can only complete it by doing a sidequest.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I have a couple more sidequest related questions, for whomever may be able to answer them. I already asked at NLife, because there's more members playing the game there than there are here. Nobody happened to know the answers, or they just didn't bother to respond.

Frontier Village Sidequests:
1) Sweet Seduction
Investigate the source of the sweet smell.

2) Secret Ingredient Hunt
Grab a Monster Egg in the area of Twisted Tree Gate.

Questions:
1) I've been all over Makna Forest and Frontier Village, but I haven't been able to locate even one clue towards solving this mystery. Can someone please inform me as to where or how I need to investigate?

2) I searched the entire area surrounding Twisted Tree Gate. I've been unable to locate a single item, let alone a Monster Egg. Can someone please inform me as to the precise whereabouts of this elusive Monster Egg?

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Yes! I finally beat this game last night and I clocked in around 103 hours :O . This was one of my all-time favorite stories in any RPG. I was really glad to see how it turned out, and I was not dissapointed at all.

I'm pretty sure I skipped out on a few side quest, but I did do quite a bit and I really wanted to see how the story ends.

@Sunny
If you're still working on all the sidequest I think you will clock in 200+ hours. I suggest that you start working on the story, instead of all the side missions or else you might start losing interest, especially clocking in so many hours into one game.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Ha! The last time I played, I had already reached almost 100 hours of playtime. I was about to finally leave Makna Forest and visit the Eyrth Sea, but I needed to take a break from the game/sidequests. I was informed that I've only completed about 35% of the storyline, so far. I'll get back to Xenoblade eventually. The 3DS has received most of my attention lately. By the way Rory, probably somewhere in the ballpark of 300 hours. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 364988687 lol

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I finally got back from camping and the first thing I did was pick up Xenoblade and started to play. I've begun to go back to other parts and work on side quests a little more. I'm only at the Nopon Camp right now in the story...

84XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 10/7/2012, 14:23

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I need to get back into this game. Been playing others, but mostly MW3 (and lately Might and magic Clash of Heroes.) Gotten Wayyyyy too many games lately Usually very cheap. Plus I got that ps2 for $15 and my recent Ds for from a yardsale, so been getting stuff for them.

85XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/7/2012, 17:27

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Ah, the PS2...I have such fond memories playing that thing. My progress is currently trying to complete all of the quests I have accepted in Colony 9 (and trying to accept the rest of them) and move on to the next area. I think I completed of them from Tephra Cave...

86XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/7/2012, 03:27

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

My advice to you guys is to have a Walkthrough of the game. No need to waste precious time just trying to find random items, and monsters.

87XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/7/2012, 08:42

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Ha! It took me forever to get that one achievement, when you have to speak with every soldier in Colony 9. I've probably completed around 200 sidequests, so far. The next time I play, I'm returning to Colony 9, Tephra Cave, Colony 6 and the Satorl Marsh. I'm going to do a good sweep at night and daytime, so I can locate any new sidequests. Then I'll be on my way to the Eyrth Sea, right after I check for any last sidequests in Frontier Village. I've collected so much awesome shit from doing so many sidequests, not to even mention the amount of money I've accumulated. But don't worry Rory, I'll finish the game at some point. I don't have Xenoblade Chronicle's fan art in my signature for nothing you know. ;)

Rory, have you seen anything about, "The Last Story," package deal? All launch copies will come with a music CD and an artbook. If I had the money, I'd pre-order a copy just for the music CD and the artbook.

By the way X-145, there's a secret area in Teprha Cave. Which you can only gain access to, by completing certain sidequests later in the game.

88XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/7/2012, 22:04

X-145

X-145
Level 3

The place that requires a key or says that it is locked or whatever? I found that place recently, but I just couldn't access it. It's the door that blocks a place that is just a little pathway right? That's what I gathered from the map, anyway...

I am trying to avoid the walkthrough to see if I could get really far without it, but I think I might look up a quest list instead of a full walkthrough. I have a lot done in Colony 9 (I warped back from satorl marsh) and I'm almost done with the quests there. (hopfully)

89XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 16/11/2012, 06:10

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I finally found my way to the Whitewing Palace! I just had to teleport there this whole damn time, because it's a landmark. It wasn't easily visible on the map of the third floor, so I didn't see it everytime I scrolled around the map. I'm in the High Entia tomb now. I can't wait to see what the inside of the tomb is like, and what the trials hold instore for Shulk & his friends? XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 364988687

I LOVE THIS GAME!

90XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 23/11/2012, 23:33

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I FINALLY made it to Prison Island. The atmosphere is amazing, I have to say. It's probably my favorite sub area in the game, so far. I was seriously impressed by the special effects present in the cutscenes leading up to Prison Island. I almost forgot I was actually playing the game on a Wii console. Why couldn't all Wii games have been this good? Xenoblade Chronicles really showcases the Wii console's true potential. This is what's truly possible, when developers put their heart & soul into their game's.

Side Note: I've been playing for 116 hours and counting.

91XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 24/11/2012, 00:46

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Xenoblades is a really amazing game! I think I beat the game in about that time, so it looks like you still got quite a ways to go. I'm glad that you started to play this game again.

92XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 24/11/2012, 01:18

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Xenoblade Chronicles has to be in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It's right up there with Earthbound, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword & Ocarina of Time. It's a shame Chris chose to disregard the game. I think he would really enjoy the overall experience, and I know he would think he definitely got his money's worth. I'm just not allowing myself to become overwhelmed by the scope of the game anymore. I mean, I'm still collecting just as many sidequests, but I'm no longer trying to complete them all at once. I've only been playing for about 2-5 hours at a time, and like every other day or so. It keeps me interested in the game, and also keeps me from becoming burnt out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum