Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!!

+6
[G4L] P.K.
Demonic
RoryLee
SunDown
X-145
danschemen
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 6/4/2012, 21:18

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

Just got Xenoblade chronicles! Haven't played it yet cause my dad's playing it right now but it looks amazing. It's kind of funny my dad bought it this morning all excited and brought it home to find out the wii isn't working so he went out and bought a new one XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 364988687 I though that was pretty funny. So now we've bought three Wiis and right now the new black one we got is the only full functioning one. One of my other Wiis doesn't even start up and the other only works with a selection of games now. I'll have more to say on the game once I get a chance to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Getting it, getting it , and GETTING IT! It comes out in America in the summer time and it looks freaking awesome!

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, what are you talking about my friend? "Xenoblade Chronicles," was officially released in North America on today March 6th. :P

I believe you are referring to, "The Last Story," my friend. Which will be released in North America on June 19th.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'll be picking up my copy today. I'm really looking forward to playing it but I won't have too much time to play it until next week.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Took long enough for you guys to get this game, EU's had it for about 8 or 9 months I think...

But hey, enjoy it!

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

X-145

X-145
Level 3

@SunDown
Wait...you're serious?! I think I just shit my pants from excitement, confusion, and embaressing stupidity... pale This news is most welcome! XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 1931472354
Now to just rumage up some money...

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

He's cereal! Injustices picked up my copy from Gamestop, and it came with a nice little art book. This game looks pretty bad ass!

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I absolutely love a good old fashion JRPG. They just kick ass!

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, I'm glad I could be of assistance my friend. If you hadn't been informed as soon as possible, there is no way you were still going to find a copy at GameStop. I guess some GameStop locations already have Xenoblade Chronicles on back order. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 3796487374

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Time to whip out my Game Stop gift card!

11XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 10:44

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Wow! Still no first impressions yet? I guess everyone is still too busy being sucked into the greatest JRPG/RPG of this generation. :P

12XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 16:48

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I'll gladly give a first impression! I think i'll be putting off KI:U to get this...maybe...

13XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 16:56

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

SunDown wrote:Wow! Still no first impressions yet? I guess everyone is still too busy being sucked into the greatest JRPG/RPG of this generation. :P

No SunDown, I do believe the Final Fantasy series would most likely trump the Xeonblade series for greatest JRPG of this generation, my darling.

...But hey, never the less I'm pretty sure that I might be...

If I had any dust money and or 33 minutes out of a given day to play, I might just have to pick up this B-E-A-utibus adventure of a game for myself's. And one more thing: THE HELL WITH MMORPG's! I must watch Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, Sagwa the cat, and THEN...THEN I tells you, play my JRPG! :P

14XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 17:36

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Which brings up another topic. DAMN DRAGON QUEST X FOR POSSIBLY BEING AN MMORPG WITH A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION!
ok back on topic. Who can resist getting Xenoblade though? Not to mention the other two oputstanding JRPG's The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. You know what, I'm gonna start my own RPG topic. See ya!

15XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 19:47

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'm sorry P.K., but if you think the Final Fantasy entries of this generation are better than Xenoblade Chronicles, you should be banned from this thread. The latest Final Fantasy titles have all been unoriginal and unmemorable. How about you just go create your own thread to discuss those Final Fantasy titles, because I doubt anybody in this thread has the desire to do so. :P

16XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 22:27

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

Sorry dude, I go by sales and ratings Rolling Eyes
If in 10 years Xenoblade's overall sales and average ratings have passed up that of the Fantasy series (which I doubt, but who knows, you gotta give it a chance, you never know, I could end up getting the all time NBA scoring record yet :P), then, and only then..your currently unproven and pompous statement will be proven correct, and in miracle fashion no less. But until then I guess you're only expressing your personal opinion which you're more than entitled to do, however your claim was not that of either YOUR opinion is that Xenoblade is the best JRPG, or that maybe it's the best JRPG when speaking exclusively for Wii. Instead, you stated that Xenoblade was, and I quote "the greatest JRPG/RPG of this generation." While I'm fully aware that specific persons, especially those who are almost exclusively Wii gamers will back Xenoblade over Final Fantasy, that doesn't necessarily make your absolutist statement any more valid. Now...if you had stated: "Wii JRPG" in your post, that might carry a bit more validity and truth. This isn't even a technicality, it's merely a lack of recognition in Xbox/PS3's existence. Fore for these specific consoles, and mainly in PS3, Final Fantasy has done an extremely good job of gathering a massive devout following over the years. Do I have a personal opinion as to which game would be better suited for me? No, but I'm just stating the facts, my darling. Sorry my brotha. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 631737971

Considering E3 is coming up in *Checks Watch* 54 days, 8 hours, I think a little due recognition for the "entire" world of gaming is in order. Otherwise we just appear to be ignorant, which isn't good for the site's recognition. Gotta stay on our toes man! ;)

17XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 11/4/2012, 22:40

StarOceanCrazy

StarOceanCrazy
Level 1

[G4L] P.K. wrote:Sorry dude, I go by sales and ratings Rolling Eyes
If in 10 years Xenoblade's overall sales and average ratings have passed up that of the Fantasy series (which I doubt, but who knows, you gotta give it a chance, you never know, I could end up getting the all time NBA scoring record yet :P), then, and only then..your currently unproven and pompous statement will be proven correct, and in miracle fashion no less. But until then I guess you're only expressing your personal opinion which you're more than entitled to do, however your claim was not that of either YOUR opinion is that Xenoblade is the best JRPG, or that maybe it's the best JRPG when speaking exclusively for Wii. Instead, you stated that Xenoblade was, and I quote "the greatest JRPG/RPG of this generation." While I'm fully aware that specific persons, especially those who are almost exclusively Wii gamers will back Xenoblade over Final Fantasy, that doesn't necessarily make your absolutist statement any more valid. Now...if you had stated: "Wii JRPG" in your post, that might carry a bit more validity and truth. This isn't even a technicality, it's merely a lack of recognition in Xbox/PS3's existence. Fore for these specific consoles, and mainly in PS3, Final Fantasy has done an extremely good job of gathering a massive devout following over the years. Do I have a personal opinion as to which game would be better suited for me? No, but I'm just stating the facts, my darling. Sorry my brotha. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 631737971

Considering E3 is coming up in *Checks Watch* 54 days, 8 hours, I think a little due recognition for the "entire" world of gaming is in order. Otherwise we just appear to be ignorant, which isn't good for the site's recognition. Gotta stay on our toes man! ;)

First of all Xenoblade has a much higher metarating than the newer Final Fantasies and as for sales you can't expect a game with a limited release to outsell a game with millions of copies available Mad
The game sold almost all of its reportedly 125,000 copies in less then a week so take that :P

18XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/4/2012, 00:52

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation_3

This is only a list of video games that have sold or shipped at least 5 million copies. Note where Final Fantasy is on each list from Playstation 1 through 3. I'm not saying the Xenoblade is a bad game, but really, there's no comparison.

19XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/4/2012, 01:23

StarOceanCrazy

StarOceanCrazy
Level 1

Even if Xenoblade was the most popular game on earth it couldn't sell 5 million copies since nowhere near that many even exist :P
And believe me there are more than 5 million people who would buy Xenoblade it's just Nintendo and the rest of the industry seem to think Americans don't want RPG's anymore so unless it's Final Fantasy they don't think it'll sell well enough to warrant a full scale release

20XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/4/2012, 02:10

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Well, I have to disagree with you, Lun my friend. Sales don't matter. You could hate Super Mario Bros. 3 and think that the original Super Mario Bros is better. Sales means bragging rights, which isn't everything. Xenoblade Chronicles won't sell that many because 1) there is only one game in the Xenoblade series (Because it isn't tecnically apart of the Xenosaga) 2) it just came out
Case and point, time was on FF's side. I'm not saying that it's a matter of "the greatest JRPG ever OMG BRB ROLF," I'm saying that neither argument is valid. So that's my input. What's yours...

21XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/4/2012, 04:01

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

I don't think your SMB3 to the original is a very good analogy. I see what you are getting at, but you're comparing one of the original mass produced games for one of the first mass produced at home consoles, Super Mario had a chance to grow, in other words it wasn't seen by everyone immediately, but grew in popularity as the series moved on, thus creating more revenue as a larger fanbase jumped on the bandwagon for games released later. This is not the case with Final Fantasy. This game had to be sold based on the principles and on the basis that specifially has to do with how developed a game could be. Not just on shock factor which the very first Nintendo games may have been able to take advantage of upon their first releases. We're talking major competition at this level, everyone bidding for a good title. Keep in mind the amount of resources that were on hand to develop Final Fantasy (or most major Playstation games for that matter). Based upon the amount of resources at hand, and being not "The", but seeing as it was one of the first of its kind, many of the ideas prevalent in this game's development would later on be seen as systemic for games developed at a later date. These ideas were in their very infancy during the development of Final Fantasy. How can you compare with that? I understand that to an extent, Wii game developers may have limited resources at times. This is unfortunate, but doesn't mean the developers and programmers and such aren't creative as hell. Take gameplay for example. Nintendo Wii can win in some categories for some games. But JRPG's, RPG's and MMORPG's are games that people build super computers to be able to play, and I hate to say it, but the Wii could be slightly lacking in that factor when it comes to that specific genre. No doubt, Xenoblade will be an awesome title for the Wii, I'm just saying a more powerful, and for lack of a better way of saying it, a more powerful computer esque console might take the checkered flag in terms of a JRPG. No disrespect intended. For this genre you have to take into play the money factor, these days, and this isn't always true, but more money means a better product (specifically in RPG type games) for some of and not limited to these reasons: Larger team responsible for developing a title, more organizational resources, Better Graphic design team, Computer Generated Image, story, script and audio, but these may not be as much effected. This is my point. (By the way, I am no longer attacking SunDown's comment anymore. We have digressed).

I apologize If I sounded like a dick earlier, I just wanted to point out that I'm starting to get the feeling that there are some around here that are getting a little smug about their Wii's and games, almost like 360/PS3 guys have been and usually are. And I admit, they did start it, but that doesn't mean we have to follow. I don't like PS3/360 fanboys any more than the next guy, but, not lets not make an effort to stoop down to their level, I think people who play on the Wii exclusively are playing games much closer to an equal quality to games played on the Xbox and PS3...I admit that, while at the same time all Xbox and PS3 fans do is downplay the Wii. I don't make the claim to having any better of a gaming devise than they do...but...I also think that a game such as Final Fantasy really is a big boy, and I can respect that. I also admit to, hey, every now and then there may also be a superb non-Wii title released, and I can admit to that and I can live with that. Us Wii gamers can’t just pull any ol’ game off the rack, we have to look into it and see if the proper time and TLC was put into the game. Ok?… no disrespect there X.

I'm exited to see that Xenoblade is going to be a hit and an awesome title for the Wii. This game is sure to measure up well against the big boys and god-damn it, I might just pick this thing up myself XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 631737971

Last edited by [G4L] P.K. on 12/4/2012, 04:51; edited 2 times in total

22XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 12/4/2012, 04:32

X-145

X-145
Level 3

Oh i know you don't mean disrespect, as do I. We're all pretty level headed guys here, but we are voicing our opinions, like we should be able to around our friends! ;)
So, as we get back on topic, it's good to see that a JRPG besides Dragon Quest. Americans are crazy for a good RPG, it's just a matter of the name...FF...I just want a good orthadox JRPG and the Op. Rainfall games are just that! RPG's FTW!

23XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 14/4/2012, 16:33

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

Im loving this game indeed , i hate waiting when you know its out some where else. Its almost makes you want to get another system.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

24XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 14/4/2012, 18:35

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

It was completely worth the wait, huh Gameday? If Xenoblade Chronicles can't be considered by most as the greatest JRPG/RPG of this generation, then it has to at least be considered the greatest JRPG/RPG available on any Nintendo console or handheld in this decade. Xenoblade Chronicles is a BEAST!

25XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 14/4/2012, 18:48

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

So far I put in about 12 hours into this game and I'm enjoying it so far. But right now I wouldnt consider it to be the greatest JRPG yet. I would say the best say about this game is the story. The story is really out there, but everytime I advance it gets more interesting. And that could be why I havent really had those "wow" moments is because I've been doing a lot of side quest, and that is really time consuming condering how massive the world is.

And even though I'm not amazed with this game...I still am enjoying it. And I'm pretty sure that it will pick up after I put some more hours into it. And thats how it usually goes with any RPG you play.

@Gameday
That video looks great. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 631737971

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum