Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!!

+6
[G4L] P.K.
Demonic
RoryLee
SunDown
X-145
danschemen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 14/4/2012, 19:43

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

@Down & Roy
Yea i dont think its the best but whats considered the best matter of opinon as aways :) , but its something Nintendo needs more of get back to the roots of RPGs. These characters make laugh and im curious to see what other attacks i can pull off. I die a few times too many , the battle system is different than what i thought indeed. But i like and it works for me. Im not far in the game but i really just wanted to get some gameplay up and see how this game was. The fact that it almost didnt come over over here ill definitely buy this game here shortly. Thanks Lee Thats That HD PVR POWER too bad wii isnt tru HD but it looks great to me too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

27XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 15/4/2012, 07:03

WiiWareWave

WiiWareWave
Level 2

Use component cables, crank the sharpness up on your TV and lower the color and you'll be amazed by the fact that by sharpening the picture and mellowing out the color that you'll notice it's as good as true HD even though technically it's only near HD. ;)
This only works with component cables however.

28XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 15/4/2012, 16:07

X-145

X-145
Level 3

You guys are really taunting me right now...

29XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 15/4/2012, 16:54

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, I'm sorry buddy. I thought you would've had your own copy by now, anyways. I hope you can purchase one soon, or you'll probably be forced to pay more for just a used copy. I think ebay still has a few auctions that are set at a reasonable or even discounted price range.

30XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 15/4/2012, 23:36

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I have to say that this game has a really interesting story to it. Not many games can grab my attention like Xenoblade has. So I hope that the more I play, the more it can keep me interested like it has since the begyinning.

@Rukiafan
I don't have any component cables. And I prefer not to mess with the tv settings when I already have it to my favorite preference. Thanks for the tip, though. It really makes me want to try the component cables out.

And I also found the game to be a lot more enjoyable once I messed with the in game settings and cleared some things from the hub.

31XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 15/4/2012, 23:48

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

So I just ordered my copy from Amazon a second ago. Hopefully I get it before the two week estimated shipping arrival :/

32XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 16/4/2012, 02:25

WiiWareWave

WiiWareWave
Level 2

@WiiAboutU I answered your question regarding the quest you're having trouble with at WiiWareWave. ;)

33XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 16/4/2012, 05:05

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

ive always had the hd components for wii since monster hunter tri 3 came out its a big difference my friends trust me , thats what i use with my hd pvr im saying that its at the highest settings for quality. Its hard to get a certain adjustment for different systems yet games so i just leave it how it is. Thanks tho for the tip also.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

34XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 22/4/2012, 22:35

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Did you receive your copy of Xenoblade Chronicles yet P.K.? I'd really like to know what you think about it, once you experience the beginning of the storyline and finish doing some exploring. If you paid more than $49.99 for a used copy, I would send it back immediately. There are brand new copies available for mail order from GameStop online.

35XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 23/4/2012, 02:03

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Got mine yesterday for about 50 dollars at Gamestop. :)

36XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 28/4/2012, 00:06

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

How many hours has everyone been playing for, so far? I've been playing for about 34 hours, and I've completed almost 70 sidequests. I recently visited the Gaur Plains for my first time, and all I could say was, "Wow!" for the first half an hour I was there. It's just enormous, and the landscape is very uniquely and beautifully constructed. I've only mapped about half of the lower region, so far. The sheer size of the wide open plains is just awe inspiring, in my opinion. The art direction is very imaginative, and it really has me interested to explore further.

37XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 28/4/2012, 01:26

X-145

X-145
Level 3

If only I wasn't asking for a Wah peddle for my birthday... XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 3686606283

Your 34 hours in and are you even half way done yet?

38XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 28/4/2012, 02:04

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

HELLLLL NO! I'm not sure exactly what percentage of the game I've completed, but I know I'm nowhere near the halfway mark. Most of those 34 hours were spent mapping out my surroundings and completing sidequests. I've only done a very, very minimal amount of grinding. I find grinding really boring and tedious. I try not to grind as much as possible, unless it becomes necessary. To give you some type of comparison, I've only completed about 70 sidequests. There are 480-490 sidequests in total. That only equates to a little over 14% of the sidequests. :P

39XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 28/4/2012, 18:58

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm starting to fall in love with this game. The story hooked me right away, the combat is also pretty fun, and the sidequest are probably me least favorite of the game. But somehow the game always hooks me in. I'm about 29 hours into the game and got to a certain area where I was looking around and it took my breath away. I really cant believe how massive the world is. It is really quite impressive.

40XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 28/4/2012, 19:00

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I can't believe this! Screw saving spending money, I'm gonna get this ASAFP! (You can fihure out what that means)

41XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/4/2012, 04:14

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, Xenoblade Chronicles is completely worth every penny of it's $49.99 price tag. If you're a completionist like me, you'll want to collect everything and complete every sidequest in the game. If so, Xenoblade Chronicles can offer over 200 hours of gameplay. Hell, I've even been informed by some gamers that it required them nearly 200 hours to finally finish, and they didn't even try to complete every sidequest. I'd say that's definitely getting your money's worth. The amount of content isn't it's only merit either. The extensive attention to detail, incredible storyline, phenomenal music and innovative battle system also fill out the total package very nicely. The extremely massive and very uniquely designed landscapes really provide the sense of a fully realised fantasy world. If those outstanding qualities aren't intriguing enough, then you're not a deserving fan of this epic RPG.

42XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/4/2012, 23:24

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm actually going back and trying to complete the sidequest that I missed. And now I'm trying to mix and match my team so that I can complete the heart to heart quest. I'm about 30 hours into the game and I've been using the same 3 people throughout the whole quest, so now I think its time to change it up while I have the chance. At least everyone levels up even though you dont use them.

Awesome Game XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 631737971 It took me awhile to come around, but now I can see what all the fuss is about.

43XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 00:38

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, you'll need to raise your affinity level for whatever areas you're trying to complete sidequests in. This can be done by completing sidequests, and sometimes by just talking with villagers in a specific order. Certain sidequests are only available if you have unlocked a high enough affinity star rating for that specific area. Some sidequests are only available at night time. You should try talking to everyone you can locate at night and in the daytime. Sometimes if you talk with villagers twice in a row you'll also gain affinity points. Finally, some quests only become available after you've completed other sidequests that are somehow interconnected. Acquiring every sidequest that is available in an area at a specific point in the storyline can require a lot of running back and forth. I think the sidequests add a lot of depth to the; otherwise, shallow gameplay. They also give you a themed reason to go out and grind experience. Completing some sidequests even reward you with a ton of experience points. I have completed a few sidequests that rewarded me a whopping 400 experience points, besides currency and items.

Last edited by SunDown on 30/4/2012, 00:52; edited 1 time in total

44XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 00:52

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Yeah, I got all that figured out. I'm just trying to raise the affinity levels now by teaming up with different people. It sucks using other people as your main character. Shulk is definitely the best of the group.

45XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 00:54

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

It's that awesome Monado he has Rory. :P

By the way Rory, you do know that increasing the affinity rating for an area and between you and your partners is two seperate ratings, correct?

Last edited by SunDown on 30/4/2012, 01:02; edited 2 times in total

46XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 00:57

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Yeah it is! So far my favorite team has been Shulk, Reyne, and Dunban. How about you?

47XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 01:11

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've only recruited Sharla, so far. I've only reached the Gaur Plains area, because I've been doing every single sidequest. I think Fiora was much better in battle than Sharla is. Although, Dunban was a pretty fierce fighter in the battle with Metalface at Colony 9. I've been playing for just about 44 hours now, and I've completed almost or more than 80 sidequests. I haven't counted how many I've completed in awhile. I'll find out when I play some more later today.

Last edited by SunDown on 30/4/2012, 01:17; edited 1 time in total

48XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 01:13

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm not quite sure how many I have done either. I always accept every side quest and it shows that I completed alot of them. And I always make sure I try and complete the timed quest.

49XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 30/4/2012, 01:25

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I always make completing the timed sidequests my first priority. Once you advance the storyline to a certain point, they will be unavailable from there on out. You never know how far you're able to advance the story before they'll disappear either. I think it's really cool when you run into a Surprise sidequest too. They really give you the sense you're actually exploring a living and breathing world.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Does anyone know how if this game sold well in the US? I hope this game does well, especially considering of how many people protested to get the game over here. Hopefully they lived up to their word and bought the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum