Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!!

+6
[G4L] P.K.
Demonic
RoryLee
SunDown
X-145
danschemen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, I was informed somewhere that Xenoblade Chronicles' North American sales reached $125,000 in it's first week. Which is fairly impressive, because it was released on a Friday. I'm not sure if that means it had $125,000 in sales for the first three days on the market, or in the next seven days that followed. Either way, it does seem like it has an extensive fanbase here in the United States.

By the way, what do you think of the fan art in my signature?

52XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 01:59

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well, this is a popular thread. What happened to all of our Xenoblade gamers? I've been playing for 70 hours now, and I just finished scouting the entire Satorl Marsh area. Wow! This area is a lot larger and elaborate than what I was expecting. I love the gothic music and the way the trees are illuminated at night time. The ambiance perfectly sets the mood for such a mysterious atmosphere. The music in Xenoblade has to be fully orchestrated. I have no idea how it could sound so smooth, otherwise. A few of the sidequests found in this area have been pretty interesting, to say the least. I've only been playing for 70 hours, because of all the sidequests I've completed. My party is currently at level 34, and I've barely done any grinding at all. I for one love that, because I hate grinding in RPGs. So what area and level has everybody else reached, so far?

53XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 03:53

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

I'm about an hour into it Embarassed I need to pick up the game more

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

54XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 04:10

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Damn danschemen! Yeah, you really do need to pick up the game more. At the rate you're heading, you could never attempt to complete every sidequest in the game. By the time you begin a New Game Plus file, the WiiFU will have been released. lol

Seriously, Xenoblade Chronicles deserves a lot more attention than that danschemen. You don't even know how great this RPG really is yet. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

55XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 04:38

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I have about 60 hours put into the game. I've been doing as many sidequest as I can and I've been using the xenoblade wiki so that I can finish the sidequest faster. I'm currently at level 46 and I've been trying to raise the emotional connection for all of the party members, so I have been changing up the party quite a bit. Right now I would say that I'm about 4 stages ahead of you, and I know you're gonna love the next area you get to.

The music is Great! XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 631737971

56XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 05:20

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Damn it Rory! Now I can barely wait to see what is waiting to greet me. You could help me reach that area quicker, if you know how to answer a question I have. Besides the Nopon refuge and that secret area with the shining pond (the name escapes me at the moment), do you know if there are any other secret or well hidden areas in the Satorl Marsh? I've become disorientated a few times already, because the fog gives everything the same appearance. Especially in the daytime, but it's harder to see at night time. If you happen to know, it will save me about 3-4 hours of combing the entire area over again.

57XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 05:36

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm not sure what areas that you would need. Just check every area of the land and make sure that it shows that you uncovered it on your map. And another thing I do is I make a list of all the sidequest on a piece of paper, so that way I dont always have to open up the menu to find the missions. And I always write down the name of the person that I have to find and I'll check the wiki so I can get their exact location.

Heres the link if you need help with something.http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Wiki

58XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 13:25

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well Rory, I just begun the process of rebuilding Colony 6. Are there any walkthroughs, material location charts or Wiki pages with information pertaining to the Colony 6 rebuild? I sold some materials earlier on, and I just happen to need them now. I can't remember where they were found, though. I could really use some type of chart, so I'd know exactly where all the needed materials are located. Also, do you happen to remember where fossil monkeys are obtainable Rory? I believe they're found somewhere around the Colony 9 area, but I'm not exactly sure.

59XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 14:23

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

The wiki will show you exactly where to find everything that you need. Thats why I make a list of items, quest, or people that I need to find and I'll go look on wiki, that way I'm not running around aimlessly.

I'm in the process of rebuilding Colony 6 also. I built up a few things but its still gonna take me awhile until I can put a dent in it. I'm not sure where the fossil monkey is but I can look it up for you in a little bit.

And another thing that I found out is that when you kill a rare monster, the best way to get it to respawn is go to the area where its supposed to be and Save your game, and then just Load your game.

60XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 19/5/2012, 14:49

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

"I found mine at the end of the long, low-elevation river. it was right after a secret area island. there were three items to be picked up and one of them was the fossil. seriously, try just following the river to its end before embarking on longer quests for this item."

"Trade with Rasha in Frontier Village. Try to give her something expensive and you will receive a fossil monkey."

These are two of the ways to get the Fossil Monkey.

61XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 20/5/2012, 02:13

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Thanks a ton Rory! I'm definitely going to save that Wiki link above in my Wii browser favorites. I think this rebuild is going to be a long and arduous process, but it's great to watch the colony unfold and grow. This has got to be the most rewarding of the sidequests, so far. You're actually able to witness your good deeds spring into life. I wasn't expecting this type of sidequest, but it's definitely a treat.

62XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 20/5/2012, 10:07

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Sorry about the double post, but I really wanted to show you this chart I found in the Xenoblade Chronicles Wiki. This is the only chart you'll need to help you finish rebuilding Colony 6 Rory. It appears as if this project will be an ongoing process through most of the game, because some of the materials are only obtainable from high level enemy drops.

Colony 6 Reconstruction Chart
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Colony_6_Reconstruction

63XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 21/5/2012, 19:22

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

afro Thanks, SunnyD! I checked it out and I never even obtained a lot of those items. So far I only built a few things in Colony 6. Mainly just a few shops, a building, and some plant life.

I just got to another major plot in the story, :O . This game is Amazing! It sucks that its taking so long to get to the end because I really want to know whats gonna happen.

64XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 21/5/2012, 22:54

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

No problem Rory. I know you mentioned that you've been writing down a lot of information. I figured you could save yourself a lot of trouble, and just print yourself out a copy of that chart instead. I haven't been able to upgrade much of Colony 6 myself, because I haven't even ventured to Makna Forest yet. I have a lot of collecting to do. I've only built the housing, commerce, nature and special up to level 1, so far. I think I'm just going to go on with the game as usual, and only return to Colony 6 once I've accumulated a considerable amount of the materials needed to further the rebuild. I'm sure as hell not going to return every single time I've collected the materials needed to upgrade only one aspect of the reconstruction. lol

And you're right Rory. This game is AMAZING! It's too bad, we're the only two members here that are actually playing this game at a reasonable pace. I know I helped persuade NOSOUP4U a.k.a LTGamer into purchasing a copy, but I'm not too sure how much he has been enjoying it.

65XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 23/5/2012, 13:29

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm not to worried about Colony 6 at the moment. Once I advance a little further, I will come back and check to see what I need. What I really need is Xenoblade Walkthrough. Animal Crossing is the Walkthrough that I ever purchased, but I could really use one now.

Have you been mixing up the parties? If so, what us your current party line-up?
Mine right now is Dunban, Sharia?(can't think of the name right now), and another character that you probably haven't got to yet.

66XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 23/5/2012, 23:11

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

You and me both could use a game guide for Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm surprised there wasn't one produced for such a huge game with so many sidequests. Some of those sidequests aren't the easiest to locate either. I've only been playing with Shulk, Reyn and Sharla, so far. I've just kept Dunban as a reserve. I decided to maximise Shulk's, Reyn's and Sharla's affinity with each other, before switching any of my party members. Then I'll be able to complete the according Heart-to-Hearts earlier on, or as I locate them. This way, I won't be forced to keep on changing party member combinations more than I have to. Once Sharla's affinity reaches it's maximum with Shulk and Reyn, I'm probably going to switch out Reyn for Dunban. I'm not really sure when I'll decide to increase Dunban and Reyn's affinity with each other, since they're both tanks. I guess after I've maximised Shulk's Light Heal.

67XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 24/5/2012, 00:16

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Ah... I almost forgot to mention. I reached the Makna Forest just last night. It's really visually pleasing, but it's a little too cluttered for my liking. I didn't get very far yet. I killed three types of the monsters that Nopon asks you to deal with for him, so he can return to his village. I still need to locate and dispatch some Eks, though. I'm just playing with Shulk, right now. I have to locate some pure Water Ether crystals, so Sharla can revive that Ether deprived girl from Shulk's visions. It's a very strange atmosphere inside the Bionis, and riding on that fountain of bile up to the Upper Trachea was pretty disgusting. lol

68XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 25/5/2012, 02:44

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I finally got this game and I nearly jizzed in my pants...I'm only 10 hours in and it is the best thing in all of existance!

69XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 25/5/2012, 04:15

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, wait until you reach the Guar Plains and the Makna Forest. You're going to be like, "Daaaaamn!" :O

Was your experience so far something like this?
:wank:

70XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 25/5/2012, 11:36

X-145

X-145
Level 3

10x more than that! I just got to the crntral pit and I'm trying to fight Xerd (i think thats his name). I was suprised that Fiora actually died in the beginning! Damn...

71XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 25/5/2012, 19:30

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

X-145, damn dude! You're going to pass me up in a few days, if you keep playing at that pace. You must not be searching for most of the sidequests, huh? See, I've completed every sidequest that has become available, so far. I've got almost two hundred sidequests under my belt now. At some point, if you decide to hang with me. Be warned, there is a lot of running back and forth between villagers. Most sidequests won't become available, until after you've completed a sidequest for someone else. Plus, some sidequests won't become available until after your affinity in that area reaches a certain level. Other sidequests are only available after nightfall, because different villagers only appear at that time of the day. Finally, some sidequests only become available after you've reached a specific location in the game, because the quest giver will wish for you to do something for them in that location. It does require a ton of backtracking, but I don't mind at all. I love Xenoblade Chronicles so much, I'll spend as much time as it takes. I'm really glad to know you're enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles as much as Rory and I am. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 364988687

72XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 25/5/2012, 20:25

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I want to do the side quests, but I haven't looked into them too much yet. I've done maybe 10-20 already, but I plan to do a lot more.

73XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 26/5/2012, 23:17

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah, you can collect a ton of experience points, by collecting a bunch of sidequests. Then do a bit of grinding inbetween completing your list of sidequests. Some sidequests won't reward you any experience, but you'll always receive currency and or either equipment or Ether gems. I've been informed that you're only able to do battle with certain unique monsters if you've completed enough sidequests and then located the relative sidequest. I can confirm this, because I completed a sidequest in Colony 9 which had me doing battle with a huge bird on top of Battery 3. If you have any trouble completing any sidequests, Rory or myself should be able to help you out. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 364988687

Also X-145, you may not wish to wait too long before locating sidequests. Some sets of sidequests will become unobtainable, after a certain event takes place in the storyline. For example: make sure you finish any and all sidequests in the refugee camp on the Bionis' Leg, before you move the villagers back to Colony 6. That specific set of sidequests will be unobtainable afterwards. You'll also be able to unlock a 5 star affinity rating in Colony 6 a lot quicker, if you do so. Whatever affinity rating you acquire by completing sidequests from the refugee camp will be transfered over to Colony 6.

74XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/5/2012, 02:33

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I ventured through some more of the Makna Forest last night, and I pretty much stumbled upon the Nopon (Frontier) Village. Wow! Who knew a tree could grow to such proportions? I still haven't been able to find a way to reach an isolated area on the other side of the river. I guess I'll figure out a way sooner or later. I have plenty of sidequests to tide me over. Right now, I'm tracking down some flying dinosaur or something like that.

75XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XENOBLADE CHRONICLES!!!!! 29/5/2012, 04:14

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Damn, Sunny! At the rate you're playing, I figure you will beat the game by next year. :O I think I'm pretty close to the end. I have almost 80 hours put into it, and I have almost every single one of my quest complete. I haven't been looking for new sidequest but I will finish them if I happen to come upon one.

It really sucks that I had to quit this morning. I know I left off where something big is goons happen. Oh well...I'll just have to wait until the weekend. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum