Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resident Evil: Revelations

+5
Z Bone
Dragonfly
[NL] Gameday
RoryLee
Demonic
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

226Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 24/11/2012, 22:32

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well the Wii U seems to do everything the 360 can do and it can still do everything the Wii pioneered...

I think the Wii U really is the king at this point I just hope it isn't overshadowed by casual games again like was with the Wii... which is basically what's happening to the 360 at the moment, every ad is about dancing games lol.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

227Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 25/11/2012, 01:23

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

My copy of RE:R will be arriving this coming Monday. The damn package has been sitting in my city, since 9:21 a.m. this morning. The status currently says the package is in transit. Come on now FedEx! The package is able to reach my city in less than two days time, but you're unable to deliver it to my door in 11 + hours. What?!

228Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 25/11/2012, 10:18

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I don't know about America, but no postal force work on the weekends here, they'll deliver letters but that's about it, they don't do anything else. So just be patient SunDown... you strange over-excitable man...

229Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 25/11/2012, 13:29

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

LOL!! Sunny is probably waiting by the door for his package.

230Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 25/11/2012, 18:28

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

LMAO!! Comfortable chair for his backside, cuppa coffee in hand waiting and staring at his letterbox.

231Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 27/11/2012, 21:03

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

The game & earbuds I ordered arrived today. I have a few things I need to do around the house, and then I'll begin to work on unlocking Raid Mode levels.

Rory, you have the CPP, right? I found the gyro controls produced very quick aiming, but felt kind of unstable. Do you think the CPP controls provide more stable and precise aiming? I'm willing to sacrifice my overall speed for more precise and stable aiming.

232Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 27/11/2012, 23:19

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I never tried the Gyro controls so I cant really compare them. But the CCP felt real nice when playing and made things really smooth. Overall, you really don't need the CCP because the button controls work just as good as the 20 dollar add-on does. Save your money because the CCP is only used on a few games, and of the few games it does support, MGS is the one that really needed that add on. Everything else plays just fine without it.

233Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 27/11/2012, 23:33

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Alright, I'll give the defualt control schemes a shot Rory. Although, I may change my mind, once I reach Hell Mode. Plus, I hate having to use the stylus to toggle between weapons and items. It really distracts from the flow of the game, and isn't the best option when surrounded by two or more Oozes.

Edit: IGN's review pretty much stated that your AI partners in this game are dumb as shit, and get in the way more than they help. I kind of wish the entire campaign featured online multiplayer, but then the game would need to be twice as difficult to compensate. But whatever, maybe next time.

234Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 28/11/2012, 14:07

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

You can scroll through weapons and grenades with the control pad... read your instruction manual! Also, why would you need the stylus out? USE YOUR BRAIN AND USE YOUR THUMB!! :P

235Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 28/11/2012, 18:27

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I never had a problem with the AI characters. The good thing is that you only have to survive, not the other character. And no need to worry about the controls. Everything works flawlessly, and its simple to change weapons and explosives.

So IGN said the AI is dumb as Shit?? Well that's how I feel about the reviewers at IGN.

236Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 28/11/2012, 23:19

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

@Sundown: So... how far have you got so far?

237Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 29/11/2012, 00:36

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

NOSOUP4U, I was only able to finish the first episode last night, because I had some things I needed to do around the house. I'll have more time available today, so I should be able to finish at least two more episodes. Then I'll have levels 1-7 unlocked in Raid Mode. We can play together online anytime after that.

Rory, my AI partner couldn't keep up with me. I had to move at a certain pace, or he would just stay behind in the last room I exited. I had to retrace my steps all the way back to the ship deck, because I needed to scour the ship for any remaining bullets. Which was when I was right in the middle of unlocking the room where Chris was supposed to be locked in.

Chris, I figured out the controls this time around. I believe I'm using control scheme A w/gyro controls for aiming. So far, the controls have been working very smoothly for me, and I doubt I'll be purchasing a CPP anytime soon. Unless I decide to purchase MGS: SE 3D someday, I'll probably never purchase a CPP.

Edit: By the way, the HORI earbuds work exceptionally well. Although, I wouldn't order a pair from Amazon anymore. The jackers raised their price's to $30-$32 w/shipping. Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 3796487374

238Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 29/11/2012, 22:09

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Sun Why do you have to slow down for the AI character? They don't do shit anyway... and if they do get left behind they just spawn next to you.

It's all about you, don't care about the AI, they're useless anyway, I think I read somewhere they only do around 5% damage. So leave that dude with the zombies and just plow through.

Also Gyro controls are pretty terrible, just be a normal human and use the normal button layout. Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 2632266518

239Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 29/11/2012, 23:06

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Chris720 wrote:It's all about you, don't care about the AI, they're useless anyway, I think I read somewhere they only do around 5% damage. So leave that dude with the zombies and just plow through.

That sounds like the same strategy that you used when we played together. Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 2632266518

240Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 30/11/2012, 03:09

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

NOSOUP4U, I finished up episodes 2-4 last night, so Raid Mode levels 1-7 are unlocked for me now. I'm usually available from 9-10 p.m. EST. until whenever we decide to quit playing. Just let me know when's best for you, and whenever you're in the mood to play. That mutated lady was a bitch to kill. I don't know how many bullets I sunk into her. I keep forgetting to use my hand grenades, so I can ration my ammo.

241Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 1/12/2012, 00:57

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I had some trouble trying to figure out the steam pipe puzzle in episode 5 last night. I actually quit after awhile. I wasn't expecting to put much thought into progressing through this game, and I'd actually rather not. I don't like playing through puzzles in horror survivor games. I'd rather just wander around until I find what I'm looking for, blasting anything that gets in my way. I chose to just suck up my pride, and read a walkthrough FAQ. I just wanted the solution to the puzzle as quick as possible, because I don't want to put thought into this game. I just want to enjoy it for what it is. A shoot'm up survival horror game, not an adventure/puzzle game. I'll would just throw in Skyward Sword if I really wanted to play a game like that. Anyways, I'm loving the game, so far. I think I might eventually purchase a CPP, just so I can fully appreciate the 3D effects. The gyro controls aren't very compatible with sterescopic 3D, especially in first-person view. I'm not comfortable using the face buttons for movement. It just feels way too unatural and unaccommodating. The gyro controls are the smoothest and react the with the quickest speed, in my opinion. I think I'm going to give RE:R a short break and jump back into a few Gameboy games I haven't finished yet. I've had the urge to finally finish Donkey Kong 94, and I just began playing The Castlevania Adventure. Which, so far, I would probably award it a 6 out of 10. The controls are pretty horrendous Rory. Which is the main factor behind the game's level of difficulty. Otherwise, a pretty good Gameboy game. If not, a little uninspired. The game's environment's/level design's very rarely give you the feeling that you're playing a Castlevania game. The gameplay is pretty well contructed, but the sluggish and wonky controls bring the whole experience down a notch. Hey, maybe I should just begin writing a rough draft of my final review.

242Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 3/12/2012, 22:41

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I moved onto episode 6 last night. I also played some Raid Mode solo, and I was able to clear stages 1-5 on Chasm difficulty. My character has reached level 5, and I was able to pick up a few more powerful weapons and custom kits. I'll need to level up some more, if I want to clear stages 6-7 solo. Let me know, as soon as you're finally able to get past episode 3 NOSOUP4U. Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 364988687 Lol!

Last edited by SunDown on 4/12/2012, 22:05; edited 2 times in total

243Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 4/12/2012, 01:21

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I already had 3 done, I believe. You had to have that to get the first raid modes.

Anyways, I thought you were getting off it for awhile?

edit: Also haven't trying to pass this, as I haven't played it for many weeks or I would have already got past the level that I think you're talking about.

244Resident Evil: Revelations - Page 10 Empty Re: Resident Evil: Revelations 4/12/2012, 01:44

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Oh, let me know whenever you're able to play some Raid Mode then NOSOUP4U. I was going to give the game a short break, but I didn't really feel like playing Gameboy games or Xenoblade last night. If not, I'm sure I'll be able to clear Raid Mode solo, as long as I my character keeps leveling up and I keep acquiring more powerful weapons & custom kits. Raid Mode really isn't very difficult to complete solo on Chasm difficulty. Zach mentioned that he's willing to occasionally play some Raid Mode with me as well, so I should at least be able to complete Raid Mode on Trench difficulty eventually. I guess Tech101 still plays once in awhile too, because Zach informed me that they both played together recently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10