Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do you like games?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why do you like games? Empty Why do you like games? 11/3/2013, 19:07

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I thought up this topic because many people have different reasons for playing video games and I'd like to see what yours is!

For me it would be an escape from reality. There's something about delving into a story where you have to save everyone from impending doom and destruction (Zelda). Glide around a huge city defending the innocent and knocking out the bad guys with incredible moves (Batman). You'll most likely never experience either of these in real life and that's where my enjoyment of games starts.

They also have an amazing way of connecting people even if you're playing the same game on a different console, or if you live thousands of miles away from each other. Because of games, you instantly have something to talk about and discuss.

Even on single-player games, you might be playing by yourself but if you have a friend by your side and you're taking it in turns it can increase the quality of that game and the enjoyment even more.

There's no end to the imagination of a video game. Everyone can play along and there's a lot of variety of what game you can play, whether that's alone or with friends.

Gaming unites people together, whoever thinks differently hasn't embraced it properly.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

2Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 12/3/2013, 02:13

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Tough question. I would say that I really enjoy a good challenge in a game. It always feels good when you accomplish some crazy feat like an epic boss battle, or a tough as nails level.

A good story will really make the game much more immersive. Xenoblade story is one that really made me feel for the characters and the surrounding world. Zelda is also one of those where you wish you could be that Hero of Time.

And other times I just want to sit back and have a good time playing with friends online. Either hunting a monster, shooting some noobs, or even just trying to beat someones high-score.

3Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 12/3/2013, 08:27

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

A good story will really make the game much more immersive.

You really can't beat a good story. Main reason why I love the Zelda series, because there's something fun and interesting about every character you meet, you get to see and feel their emotions which makes the ending even more gutting because you don't want the game to end.

I find single-player games offer a more deeper and emotional experience and gives you an a amazing storyline to play through, especially in the case of Zelda and Batman. Multi-player for me is where I can just have a great time with friends, no matter what the game is, because it is true that no matter how crap the game is it can still be enjoyable when you're playing it with your friends - a bit of alcohol makes the game even more fun. Why do you like games? 2632266518

I don't know what the world would be like without games to be honest. They're something that literally everyone can enjoy and it brings everyone together from various countries and backgrounds which I think makes it even more remarkable.

4Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 12/3/2013, 12:29

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

The Legend of Zelda just has a charm to it. Even though Link does not talk or say much, I remember alot of times in Skyward sword where he would show some sort of emotion in his face whether it be happy, sad or scared. But everytime he did that, it just made me fall in love with the series even more.

One more reason for me is that I find games to be the best form of entertainment. Movies are good, but you are not gonna get the same experience that you will from a game like Xenoblade or Zelda. Television is more of a way to kill time and relax. I'm sure books are a good way to immerse yourself, but I'd rather pushing buttons and becoming the Hero myself.

5Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 13/3/2013, 12:21

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I'd rather pushing buttons and becoming the Hero myself.

Quoted for truth! There's nothing quite as immersive as a video game. You get to BE the hero, you are the one to save everybody. And I agree that films and TV shows are more for relaxing and chilling out (except for horror movies maybe...) rather than being an experience.

I'm not interested in reading books, too boring. I'd rather see and watch what's taking place, not read it. And even then I would rather take part and do things my own way, which is why I also can't stand play through's of games on YouTube.

Video games give you an experience that no other entertainment can offer you and I don't think anything beat games because of that simple fact.

6Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 13/3/2013, 20:20

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well, I'm not really sure. Since I love videogames, I guess the better question would be, "Why wouldn't I like videogames?" You either have an open mind or you don't.

7Why do you like games? Empty Re: Why do you like games? 15/3/2013, 01:20

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

Since I don't like reading at all, I like something else to do besides watch movies all day. Games are a good stress reliever, and can be damn fun. For some reason lately haven't been playing quite as much, but I'm sure I'll get back to it in short order...

@Sundown, that's a good way of putting it. Why in the hell wouldn't I like games?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum