Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paper Mario: Sticker Star Empty Paper Mario: Sticker Star 2/11/2012, 21:28

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Description:

The story focuses on Mario's efforts to retrieve the six Royal Stickers that have been scattered by Bowser at the annual Sticker Fest. Mario is accompanied by Kersti, a sticker fairy, who bestows upon Mario the power of stickers.

The player controls Mario as he explores the various locales of the Mushroom Kingdom. A major facet of Sticker Star's gameplay is the extensive use of collectible stickers, which are used to gain new abilities and progress through the game. The player collects stickers that are found and peeled off from various areas in the environment. The player can also purchase stickers using Coins, receive them from non-playable characters, or create his own. The player has limited inventory space; larger stickers will take up more room. Stickers are used both in combat and for interacting with the environment. The player can enter a state called "Paperization" that allows him to place stickers anywhere on the visible overworld to activate certain events. The player can also find real world objects that can be turned into stickers and used to solve puzzles. For example, a mechanical fan can be placed in strategic areas in the environment and, when activated, creates wind that moves or destroys obstacles.

The game is no longer determined by statistics increasing your earning experience points, compared to Sticker Stars predecessors, but rather collecting stickers found around the world and then using them in battle.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star PaperMarioStickerStarCover
Release:

JP December 6, 2012
NA November 11, 2012
EU December 7, 2012

So who's interested in this game? Leave your comments and below.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm interested. I already pre-ordered this awhile ago. I played the other Paper Mario games and I just thought they were pretty average. Being that this is the first game in the series to hit the handheld, I thought I better give it a chance. And you know that this game is gonna look pretty fricken in 3D!

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I only played The Thousand Year Door and that game was pretty amazing, however I found the lack of healing powers quite annoying, I could only heal when I was in a battle and if you ran out then you were stuffed pretty much and that's how every game save I had on that game got blown to hell.

But since this is coming out on the 3DS and the whole sticker concept is really interesting I just have to pick this up! I just hope I can fly around as Paperplane Mario, that was pretty sweet in TTYD

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Flying around as a Paper Airplane was pretty sweet! I think the only reason that these games turned me off is because of the easy difficulty, and slow pace of the game. But I did go to Gamestop to finish paying off my game and I only owed about 12 bucks which was pretty awesome. Its great when you can make little payments towards your game, and then go in and just pick it up without owing a thing.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Wow this game is not sounding good... Nintendo Life gave it an 8/10 and said:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star is often funny, thoroughly charming and a joy to play, but it is also just as often a touch too familiar, seemingly unwilling to really go out on a limb and do something crazy even if the potential to do so is immense.

I'm still interested in the game, but I don't know if I'm interested in it as much as I used to be. It's a shame Nintendo did something new with the series but hasn't done anything exciting with it, I love TTYD because it was fun, quirky and really enjoyable to play... but every review I've read so far hasn't been screaming enjoyment. :/

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I never really got into the Paper Mario series, so this should be somewhat new to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum