Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Talking Point] Will there be another Mario Kart to hit 3DS?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

After the success of Mario Kart 7 last year for the 3DS the fans wanted more, especially with the lack of many characters and some interesting ones thrown into the mix to hold up the roster of 16 characters. Not to mention the ability to create your own kart from different wheels, kart builds and glider parts gave a lot of incentive to mess around and find the right build for you.

However, most of the focus from Mario Kart 7 was aimed at the online area and after all it was the first game to use Nintendo Network, but this left many of those wanting a longer and deeper single player to go through and when it's on a portable you kind of need that. The lack of a VS Race Mode was a pretty big sting, especially since it's been there for most of the previous Mario Kart games.

And for those who loved the online multiplayer action, they were in for a shock. The leak of glitches in maps to get around the course quicker became a game breaker and eventually most people started leaving the online community because of this. Thankfully Nintendo responded with a patch that was released this month, however this got other people thinking, if they can patch the game surely they could add in more characters and courses.

Nintendo could probably quite easily introduce new characters and courses via updates through the eShop, but why would you do that when you could easily create a whole new game from scratch and introduce new game mechanics and ideas into the race?

How do you feel about it, would you like to see Mario Kart 7 get some new additions or would you like to see a brand new Mario Kart game built for the 3DS? Or maybe even one that can be played across both Wii U and the 3DS?

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Right now I think its way too earlier to even be thinking about a new Mario Kart game. A patch/update would be the best thing for Nintendo to do because the game is not even a year old, and most Ninty games usually sell better the longer its out. Which means an update to the online could really do some wonders.

First thing that they need to do is give the player more options for online. The communities are really nice but having the option to change items is just not enough. Here are some things that could really add some replay to the online.

• Bots for the communities

• Options to have team races

• Co-op in the single player

• Having a way to chat in the lobby

• And a way to team up against randoms

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

This might be asking a little much, but I'd actually like to hand glide or rocket pack in Pilot Wings free flight mode over Mario Kart races on Wuhu Island. I could take pictures of the race when everyone is gliding in to the finish going the opposite way...or you could dive bomb em'. Take em out. Twisted Evil

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Rory True, but MK7 left me wanting more, it just doesn't have enough content to keep you coming back unlike MKWii or MKDS for example. More community options are a must, it just needs more added to it, I also wouldn't mind some sort of free chat... with the already laid out messages, it feels very bland, I know it's meant for the kiddies, but seriously... this is just getting a bit too over-protective.

@PK Lol, that's the longest shot I've seen in a while. I doubt they'll ever do that, however it would make the spectator mode more enjoyable... being stuck with the same guy racing is boring, especially when they suck.

I would love to see another Mario Kart game, I just think they could have done more with the game as a whole, it just feels too bland and some what restrictive. If they do make another Mario Kart for the 3DS (which would be a first) I think they need to work on the problems of MK7 and make the single player a little longer and more enjoyable.

Jack

Jack
Level 2

An update would be best.
Like Rory said, it's way too early for another game.
Free chat is a must! Do you know if there is actually any chance we'll get an update?

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

The "article" wasn't really meant for a new MK now, but some point in the future to get a new MK for the 3DS.

Well Nintendo have patched it once, maybe they'll do it again since the 3DS now allows add-on content. All we can do is wait and see, however I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I would rather have them put more time into a WiiU Mario Kart. I think the new controller tablet would work great for this kind of game.

And as for right now....I think this Mario Kart is still one of the better sequels. I would rate Mario Kart DS at the top, but the online for that game got ruined quick by all of the people "snaking"! Evil or Very Mad . MK7 plays like all of the rest, but I think is alot better than some of the other games before it. It would just be nice if they added a little bit more for the online portion.

I guess their is always Sega All-Stars Racing. If the online happens to have alot of the options that Ninty lacked, I think I just might look into buying it. But only if the controls are on par with MK, and as long as they have some nice courses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum