Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

n-Space not happy with Heroes of Ruin's Sales

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Co-Founder of n-Space, Dan O'Leary, has admitted that the sales of the 3DS dungeon crawler RPG, Heroes of Ruin, was disappointing unfortunately not interesting many of the American and European crowds.

We’re not satisfied with the sales. The 3DS attach rate is… challenging at best and it seems that, for all its promise, Heroes of Ruin did not appeal to enough of the installed base.

He went on to commending the development team for their hard work and also stated that he wouldn't mind revisiting the genre once again, but a sequel most likely won't be happening, which is a shame as they'll be leaving the original Heroes of Ruin story high and dry.

I am super pleased with what we made and would love to return to the genre one day, but I fear that Heroes did not have enough commercial impact to justify a sequel.

Do you think Heroes of Ruin deserved to be a flop, or do you think the game needs more recognition? n-Space have also confirmed they have had Wii U development kits for quite some time, so maybe we'll be seeing more from this company in glorious HD on Nintendo's new machine.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Not if Heroes of Ruin is actually as shallow as others have stated it is. I think n-Space believed the gimmicks (online multiplayer & voice chat) they included would have attracted a larger crowd than they did. Oh well, it's not like I was going to purchase the sequel, when I didn't even buy the first game.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

In my opinion it had too much competition, it was released right before Diablo 3 which has and always will be a massive hit especially when it's made by Blizzard, one of the biggest RPG developers out there, not to much mention the creators of World of Warcraft.

With that kind of competition, it had to at least rival Diablo 3, but unfortunately Heroes of Ruin just lacked the content to keep it going even with the free years worth of armour and weapons. It wasn't a well polished game to begin with anyway, rather than releasing it between Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2, they should have kept developing the game and then released it when it had a larger market to go in to.

Along with the hype it received and then coming to release, it generally felt very underwhelming.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

You are absolutely correct Chris. n-Space shouldn't have released it anywhere near the same time as those other big budget games. If Heroes of Ruin had a reasonable amount content, I would've been a lot more likely to have purchased a copy.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

It sucks that they didn't sell as much as they wanted to, but they have no one to blame but themselves. It seems like they had the right idea on alot of the things they did(multiplayer, voice chat,dlc), and others were just so far off that it really killed any chance they had(short campaign, easy difficulty). I'm sure everyone was expecting a game with Monster Hunter content, but instead they gave everyon a Diablo Jr.

I would have purchased the game myself, but by the time I was going to, almost everyone had done everything that you could in the game and that meant that I would've be playing with randoms instead of my friends.

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I never got it yet. I liked the fact that it had voice chat.

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Don't get it NOSOUP4U! You'd be much better off, if you just wait for Monster Hunter 4.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum