Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroes of Ruin

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Heroes of Ruin Empty Heroes of Ruin 19/5/2012, 20:04

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

CONNECT WITH OTHER HEROES AROUND THE GLOBE
Experience the game and the adventure in full, whether you battle alone or with friends. Chat with your team in real-time using the 3DS microphone, trade items with them, forge new alliances and engage in tactical team play to overcome enemies.

DEVELOP YOUR OWN MERCENARY
Choose from four diverse and powerful classes then customise your appearance from the outset. As your character evolves, your fighting style, armor set, weapon and class abilities can also be customized. With almost unlimited combinations your hero will be truly unique and yours.

FIGHT AGAINST DEADLY CREATURES
Be a mercenary fighter doing battle against deadly fiends and powerful beasts. Battle forth on your own in single player or join forces with other heroes online in 4-player drop in / drop-out co-operative multiplayer.

UNIQUE & PERSONALISED EXPERIENCE
Explore and fight through wild, varied and dynamic environments. Battle against a wide variety of deadly creatures, who will stretch your combat and tactical skills, collecting loot, weapons, armour and other gear which will empower and enrich you on your quest. Discover new layouts, routes, items and enemy encounters each time you play.

KEEP THE ACTION GOING!
Play in new ways and access more rewards and achievements by completing challenges sent to your 3DS everyday, or download frequent new game content, including new character items and quests.

BRAND NEW ADVENTURE, CUSTOM-BUILT FOR THE 3DS
Showcases special features of the 3DS, including deep 3D visuals, SpotPass™ and StreetPass™ functionality. Trade items via StreetPass™ to unlock rare weapons, armour and items to aid your quest. Download new and exclusive content via SpotPass™ to extend your adventure.

This looks like an instant buy for me! Sounds like this should be a Monster Hunter/Diablo type of gameplay and the multiplayer sounds like alot of fun. I also hear that this game will have some sort of voice chat in it, but I dont know too much about it yet.

Is anyone else looking forward to this?

2Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 20/5/2012, 01:49

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

This would definitely be a day one purchase for me, but I know I won't be able to afford a copy. I might just squeek by and be able to order a 3DS from Amazon, come my birthday. I wouldn't be able to purchase my own copy until Christmas time, and I'd most likely pass on it at that point. There will be daily DLC for a year after it's release. I highly doubt I'd decide to invest in it, after almost half the DLC has come and went. It's really too bad, to tell you the truth. Heroes of Ruin and Super Mario 3D Land were the first two titles that tempted me to purchase my own 3DS. Playing through the main story and daily DLC missions w/online multiplayer and voice chat will probably be a total blast. Children of today are being absolutely spoiled, by receiving an RPG of this caliber. Oh well, they're probably be some more really good 3DS titles released around this Christmas. Probably nothing like this, though. :(

3Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 20/5/2012, 09:43

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I'm sure they won't give DLC for a year and then stop, that's just retarded. They'll probably do repeats after a while.

You should still buy the game, even if you may not get all the DLC.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

4Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 20/5/2012, 10:31

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Eh... I guess we'll find out everything about the daily DLC, after the game has been released. It will still probably be a great game, even without the DLC. I still don't think I would purchase a copy, after 6 months of DLC has passed. Especially if it will never become accessible again. We're talking about 180 missions or more I would never be able to experience. I'm sorry Demonic, but that's just a deal breaker for me my friend. I'd always wonder about all the content I could never access, and I'd also feel as if I purchased an unfinished game. :(

5Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 21/5/2012, 19:30

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I wouldn't consider the DLC a deal breaker. This game looks like some sort of Diablo/Monster Hunter mix, and I know you would miss out if you passed this up just because you might miss the free DLC. I would still purchase this if it didn't have any extra content. Just as long as the reviews are solid, I will pick it up at launch.

6Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 21/5/2012, 20:02

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

You can currently pre-order it off Amazon.co.uk for £24.99. :O I might wait for my money to come in this Friday and pre-order it then.

EDIT: Checked it out on Amazon.com and it's $39.99 pre-order... unlucky!

7Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 21/5/2012, 22:27

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah, I might still get a copy for Christmas. I might not, though. You guys will have already been playing it for 6 months, before I'm just beginning. I was mostly interested in this game because of the online multiplayer experience. I don't really enjoy playing online multiplayer with randoms. Plus, there might be some other game that peaks my interest more by Christmas. I can't lie, though. I will definitely loose a big chunk of my interest, by loosing out on over 180 missions. If Heroes of Ruin doesn't receive at least a 9/10, it will be the nail in the coffin for me. At that point, I'm not going to waste anymore time worrying about owning a 6 month old partial gaming experience. It wouldn't bother me so much, if there wasn't any additional content. That's like asking someone to pay the same amount for something, but they'll only receive 2/3 as much as everybody else. To tell you the truth, that doesn't sit particularly well with me. All in all, I guess I won't really have made my mind up completely until that time comes.

8Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 23/5/2012, 05:07

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I really wish somebody had more information about the DLC. I'd really like to know if the daily DLC will be kept on a database, so people who've purchased the game later on can still download all of the daily challenges. I know there will be other DLC besides the daily challenges that will always be available, but what about the daily challenges? Will people (like myself) who've purchased the game later on be able to collect all of the rewards and unlock all of the achievements as well?

9Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 23/5/2012, 13:19

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I would think that people that purchase a copy later down the road will still be able to enjoy the same DLC, and daily missions. That's just what I'm guessing, but I'll try and find some more info about this.

SunnyD, when is your birthday?

10Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 23/5/2012, 22:49

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

My birthday is on June 10th. Five days after E3! Can you believe E3 is almost here already!? When is your birthday Rory? You do know Heroes of Ruin is actually being released in the United States on July 17th, and not next month? I decided to read the product description on Amazon, and the pre-order release date had been changed to July 17th. I guess Square Enix must have decided it still needed a little more polish, or they needed some extra time to finish getting the servers up and functioning smoothly. I knew you were going to purchase Heroes of Ruin on day one Rory, once you had read into it. Heroes of Ruin 364988687

11Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 25/5/2012, 20:28

X-145

X-145
Level 3

I am definatly getting this game as soon as I can. A non-MMORPG that has online? Hell yes! And the vice chat will be a nice feature as well.

12Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 26/5/2012, 16:20

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Apparently this game has been released...

Heroes of Ruin HNI_0068

It's even been reviewed on the Nintendo eShop. Release dates... who needs 'em?

13Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 26/5/2012, 23:03

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Demonic, I can barely read the words in that picture, but doesn't it have June 15th, 2012 stated as the release date at the bottom?

14Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 26/5/2012, 23:51

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Yup, 15/06/12.

Can't wait for this game! However, it looks like someone was so impatient they built a time machine, bought the game, came back to this time and then reviewed it on the eShop. :P

15Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 27/5/2012, 00:04

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Demonic, I can't really blame them if they did. Heroes of Ruin is a very highly anticipated RPG. Heroes of Ruin 364988687

16Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 5/6/2012, 05:27

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Hey Rory! I just wanted to inform you that, "Heroes of Ruin," is now available for pre-order at Amazon for only $29.99. Although, I'm really not sure how long that price reduction will be available. If you were planning on pre-ordering, "Heroes of Ruin," you may wish to pre-order at Amazon and save yourself $10. Back when I pre-orderd, "Go Vacation," at Amazon, the same type of pre-order price guarantee was available for a limited time only.

The link below will direct you to the, "Heroes of Ruin," pre-order page on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Ruin-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0050SVKRY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338870562&sr=1-1

17Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 5/6/2012, 14:03

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I checked out the preorder at Amazon and the price still came close to 40 bucks when you include the taxes, and shipping & handling. I'll probably just get the game from Gamestop. I've been really pleased with the customer service of them lately. Thanks for the tip, Sunny Heroes of Ruin 631737971

18Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 5/6/2012, 23:58

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Hmmm... Well, there shouldn't have been any applicable tax, since it's being sold directly through Amazon. Shipping is only free of charge if you choose the, "Free Super Saver Shipping," option. Which usually takes about 5-8 days for your item to arrive. You probably really want the game on day one, huh Rory? I can't say I can blame you. Heroes of Ruin 364988687

19Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 6/6/2012, 13:56

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

There will be a demo available this week for Europe from the eShop so we'll be able to give it a go before we buy, but I already know I'm buying it without waiting. :P

I'll share my opinions on it once I've played it for a while and I can tell you how the controls are. Maybe NA will get it this week too... you never know.

20Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 6/6/2012, 16:15

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

You Brits are always getting spoiled :P

21Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 6/6/2012, 18:34

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Says you with E3 on the eShop, we had to wait 3 weeks before we got it on ours! So you should count yourself spoiled that your getting all that footage before us. D:

22Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 7/6/2012, 14:57

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

So I've played around with it for a while and here's my main points:

Lots of customization to make your character your very own hero.

The 3D depth is really amazing, but not really all that needed but makes it look nicer.

The controls are rather simple:

The left and right on the control pad uses your potions.

X, A and Y uses your special abilities.

B is your attack button, hold it to do a charged attack.

R is your dodge/block.

Control pad handles your movement.

Start is your pause menu.

You can control how many join your game on multiplayer, you can disable the mic, you can kick and send shouts to players.

You can control how far the camera is in or out.

The graphics are simply stunning with very little jagged edges and looks very smooth.

23Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 9/6/2012, 23:19

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

So, what character class type do you guys want to use Rory and Demonic? We should try to have the most rounded party we can have. Also, we should try to set up a time of day we can all complete the daily quests co-operatively. That way, we can all level up together equally. I'm sure we'll do more questing than the daily quest. We should also take that into consideration, when we try to determine a time of day to play together. I believe you're five hours ahead of my time Demonic, and I believe Rory is two or three hours behind my time. That's why I'm bringing this up now, so we can figure this all out beforehand.

24Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 10/6/2012, 17:29

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@SunDown: I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out, problem is that we're all in different time zones and trying to find a time we'll be able to work with is probably going to be a bit tricky. I'll thing we're just going to have to play it by chance and hopefully we can all find a time to play rather than arranging it. :P

Just my two cents.

25Heroes of Ruin Empty Re: Heroes of Ruin 10/6/2012, 18:32

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Sunny
The character I'm looking forward to use is the gunslinger. But I'm sure once I play the game, I will find a better character that suits my play style. And as for trying to party up, I guess it will all depend on my work schedule, and if I'm gonna be out of town for the week. But I think the weekends would work the best since I'm always up early drinking my coffee and playing games.

Gonna go put my ore-order in today. It sucks that we have to wait another month, but I know its gonna be worth the wait.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum