Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

3DS XL

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

13DS XL Empty 3DS XL 27/6/2012, 19:27

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

So is anyone thinking of getting this model? I'm considering it. Sounds like the bigger screen might give a more forgiving sweetspot for the 3d effect. If that's true then I may just get it. Also my eyes are slow to adjust after staring at a tiny screen for awhile, so this might be easier on my eyes. Also if we get to "Actual" watch 3d movies on it then the bigger screen would be nice there as well.
What sucks is they just finally came out with the purple 3DS (which I was thinking of getting, as I liked the one I saw before the 3ds came out) Too bad they don't have that color for this yet. I dont really wan't to wait another 6 months to a year to "possible" get that color for the XL.
What's everyones thoughts on this new version of 3DS?

23DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 27/6/2012, 23:28

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Not keen on it really, it's far too big for my tastes. I prefer my handhelds to be portable and this... well isn't. I'd definitely love to try it out to experience the bigger screens, other than that, no thanks I'll pass.

It'll be good for those with gorilla hands or eye sight problems,as you mentioned yourself, but the current 3DS model works perfectly for me as it is.

I'll buy their revision which will hopefully incorporate Swapnote into the OS, or the top menu bar, rather than an application icon.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

33DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 28/6/2012, 02:09

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I feel the same way about the 3DSXL Demonic. Maybe even more so than you do. I prefer my handheld gaming devices to be of a smaller cut. I also have my doubts about how well the upper screen will display Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance VC titles. If the much larger screen displays in the same exact resolution as the original model, won't those VC games appear much more blurry than they do now? In my opinion, there's a point when a handheld gaming device no longer provides the same natural and authentic experience. The 3DSXL just seems to be too big to provide an authentic and natural feeling handheld gaming experience. Size definitely attributes to the charm overall style that handheld gaming has been known to provide. I prefer a more pratical portability from handheld gaming devices, and this is something 3DSXL just doesn't seem to provide. The extended battery life is really the only aspect that I find attractive, but I could easily just purchase a NyKo power pack instead. Netflix will definitely be displayed much larger and easier to watch. But if you really require a much larger screen to enjoy Netflix, that's what your Wii console is for. I also really prefer the appearance of the glossy, metallic red candy style paint on my 3DS, compared to the plain and dull appearance of the 3DSXL's matte finish. But you know...

3DSXL! Helping elderly gamers everywhere return to their roots. 3DS XL 364988687 lol

43DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 28/6/2012, 10:39

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Personally, I prefer the matte finish over the glossy finish. Mainly because with a glossy finish it becomes a dust and fingerprint magnet and trying to get rid of it can cause scratches to appear, especially if you do it too hard, whereas with a matte finish the damage isn't as noticeable and it also feels nicer on the hands and seems to have a better grip for me as well.

I do like the glossy finish though as it does look like appealing to the eyes but that's where the positives end for me really, it has more negatives overall in my opinion...

I would definitely want to try out a 3DSXL just to give it a go and see if it's more comfortable than the current 3DS, which I doubt but you never know. :P Videos will definitely look better on the 3DSXL along with photos and videos you may record as well.

As for the VC titles, apparently it will show in a 1:1 resolution so it won't be small, blurry or compacted on the 3DSXL's screen compared to the current 3DS. But even then, it still wouldn't be good for me, it'll still be far too large even if it may come with a few extra perks.

53DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 28/6/2012, 20:05

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I heard on Youtube, at Nintendo Domination, that the powercord needs to be bought separately (or you can us the plugs for the other 3ds or dsi if you have one "i think") It's going to be lame if they do this. I don't know if it's only in Europe though. I would think that, eventually, one would come with this, because I can see this being a turnoff for buying this because of that.

Edit: I guess Americans will get a plug included. I think it's just a europe thing.

63DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 28/6/2012, 20:58

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

This is something that I might get. I know handheld gaming is for on the go, but most of my 3DS gaming is done at home or at a hotel room. The only downside is that I can't put the system in my pocket when I happen to go walk around town for a bit trying to find some Streetpass hits. I guess I can always have Jenny carry it in her purse. 3DS XL 631737971

America>Europe

73DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 30/6/2012, 11:57

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I don't know why they're not giving us the mains supply, sounds like a crappy plan if you ask me. You can still buy the AC adapator and charging cradle separately, but why it's not included in the box I do not know.

What about those guys who have only just bought a 3DS XL and now find out that they have to buy extra crap for it? I wouldn't be best pleased that I threw out £179 for it and I can't even charge the thing.

83DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/7/2012, 10:05

Nerrel

Nerrel
Level 1

i think i'll pick up the blue one. my nephew loves playing my 3DS and i'll probably sell it to him so i can upgrade. i hope it'll still fit in a jeans pocket, but if not it doesn't matter. i think i've only gotten 1 hit while walking around in any place that wasn't a mall or my college, and i never even play it out in public, only when i'm at home.

sundown, i wouldn't want to see how blurry VC games look on that screen either, but the 1:1 completely fixes that problem. it'll display the games at almost the same size as the current 3DS but without any upscaling, so they'll actually look much sharper than they do now. it may even be enough reason to inspire me to finally finish off my ambassador games.

the way i think of the screen is that it's no different than tv sets have been for decades. all SD tv's had the same 480i resolution, but you can get them in all different sizes. technically a bigger tv will have bigger pixels and look worse when close up, but no one ever thinks about that. the sheer improvement in size makes the stretched resolution seem negligible in comparison.

93DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/7/2012, 18:11

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Nerrel wrote:my nephew loves playing my 3DS and i'll probably sell it to him so i can upgrade.
lol!

I'll pick one up, just as long as I can transfer all of my ambassador and downloadable games. I'm sure Jenny will want a 3DS once Animal Crossing comes out and that will be my chance to snag the XL. 3DS XL 351549032

103DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/7/2012, 18:24

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Lol, an Animal Crossing fan in the family eh Rory? ;) You poor thing you.

I would definitely have a 3DS XL for the larger screens, but I just hate the bulkiness... however thinking about it, I mainly use my 3DS at home and rarely take it outside and even when I do I don't get that many StreetPass hits as it is. :/

Still... it looks so dam ugly. D:

113DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 26/7/2012, 14:35

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm jealous that the UK is getting this before us Fat Americans do! I'm hoping that Gamestop has a good trade-in deal like the UK is getting. This revision looks alot better, and I'm excited to play in the car without having to worry about Glare! And the big screen is a plus for the Netflix subscribers.

@Sunny and Demon
The portability argument doesn't work with me. I'll just have Jenny toss that brick in her purse. :P

123DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 13:29

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Hey Demon, are you gonna buy yourself a XL now?

I get to pick mine up this Sunday. I'm really looking forward to picking up that big, blue beast.

133DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 13:47

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Yeah, maybe at the end of the month when my money comes through, hopefully I should have enough for the 3DS XL and NSMB2, I think there's a bundle for it too, so I might just get that.

If they don't take my 3DS, then I might send it to Nintendo to get fixed and then give it to someone. ;)

143DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 14:33

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Maybe by the time I get one they'll have the purple XL. :P

153DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 14:46

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Purple like a prune. 3DS XL 364988687

163DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 14:49

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

This is a sexy thing!

3DS XL Mm3dsmockupsmall

I know you want that purple bad ass... with the Majora's Mask on the right playing Majora's Mask 3D. You want this in your life, don't resist it, just indulge in it!

173DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 15:10

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Is that real?

I personally don't care what color I get. I just want to play my games on a bigger screen, and get a better 3D effect. And so far I've only heard positive things about the XL. Sunday can't get here soon enough. And what really sucks is that I have to wait till noon when Gamestop finally opens up.

183DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 14/8/2012, 17:12

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well obviously not, lol!

I'd like an XL more than ever now, that big screen will be so sexy!

193DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 20/8/2012, 05:56

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

GOT THE 3DS XL!! Choose the blue one. Looks really nice. Glad I chose that color.
I traded some games and my recent dslite to get it. (Wendy loaned me 14 of it, but paid that back already. :) )

Already walked it, now downloading demos.

Couldnt get the screen protector, so I cut up some sandwich bags and taped em on till I can get the real deal (Doesn't look bad on the bottom though tops a little off somehow.) I love how big the virtual keyboard is. Hopefully the will prove to be much easier on my eyes.

203DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 20/8/2012, 15:59

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I picked my blue XL on Sunday. That baby is pretty sweet! I almost had to buy Jenny one because she was jealous of my new 3DS. I haven't got to really try it yet because I spent all day driving yesterday, and didn't get to my destination till late. But the transfer went good and I'm really excited to try out the new Mario game.

213DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 20/8/2012, 17:42

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

God dam you! You bought two things I want very, very much... give them to me! D:

223DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 21/8/2012, 02:28

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

@Rory: Yup, I'm actually really happy with the blue color. This baby seems to have good wireless too. Usually I only pick up about two routers besides my, but This one even showed the Librarys across the way. Still need a REAL screen protector though (I jerryrigged some for now). Also it be cool if I could find a silicon sleeve for it like they have on the wiimotes and one of my classic controllers.
I also picked up asphalt 3d. Traded some xbox games I got for cheap. Had originally wanted to sell em, but he wasn't going to do that till weekend.

233DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 29/8/2012, 14:26

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Chris720 wrote:God dam you! You bought two things I want very, very much... give them to me! D:

Ha ha, come and get them. 3DS XL 2632266518

@LTG
I still need your friend code. And I just bought a screen protector over the weekend. I'm pretty sure that they should have some in stock around your area.

The XL is really fricken sweet! So much in fact that Jenny has stolen it along with my new Mario game Evil or Very Mad . And the system still fits in my pocket so the portability argument doesn't work.

243DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 29/8/2012, 14:56

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

@Rory: Ok Here's my fc: 1247-0003-1095.
Adding you too.

edit: Oops, apparrently I already had you added. :P

253DS XL Empty Re: 3DS XL 29/8/2012, 15:16

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Cool! I'll add you later tonight.