Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Controls are Here to Stay.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Aiji Aonuma has made the decision to preserve motion controls for future installments in The Legend of Zelda series. Believing it would be a technological step backwards if the series were to return to the restricted use of button controls. I for one am extremely pleased with this decision, as I found the motion controls in Skyward Sword made it an even more enjoyable experience. I also found the level of interactivity to be extremely engaging and made the entire experience so much more immersive. Link has always had the purpose of being a virtual extension of ourselves in a videogame fantasy world. I believe it would only be regressive to now do without the motion controls in The Legend of Zelda series. I'm sure Nintendo will formulate more ingenious innovations in the future which will enrich the series further.

How do you feel about this decision? If you were Aiji Aonuma, would you have gone in the same direction?

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I think that would be the best thing to do. I've always enjoyed using motion control for all of the games...just as long as they do it the right way. But I would prefer if they keep it traditional for the handheld system. I wasn't to big on the touch screen controls for the Zelda games. It's good for clever puzzle solving and other things, but not to control and to attack.

Motion Controls The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's Controls are Here to Stay. 631737971

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I'm all for it. Though I haven't played that game yet.

I'm glad that motion controls are staying with the wiiU.
I like motion controls, though they should be implimented right. I liked how they used it in Mario kart wii and Metroid: Other M.

Viper04

Viper04
Level 2

I have no problem with it, for the most part, but some things, like swimming and flying around are just annoying with motion controls. Did they really have to use it for everything? Plus, the fact that they didn't use the IR pointer pissed me off throughout the entire game. You have to keep recalibrating that stupid thing which was annoying enough, but using motion plus to select/look around is much more awkward than just pointing at the screen (especially after playing so much GE.)

https://www.youtube.com/grenworthshero

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum