Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Last Story

+3
[NL] Gameday
Marioman18
StarOceanCrazy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Last Story Empty The Last Story 17/1/2012, 21:26

StarOceanCrazy

StarOceanCrazy
Level 1

Is anyone else excited about the online gameplay that has been confirmed for The Last Story? If it does get released in America lets share friend codes here The Last Story 351549032
Of course Europeans can post their friend codes here next month Neutral

2The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 18/1/2012, 01:53

Marioman18

Marioman18
Level 1

I will get this great looking Mystwalker game as soon as I return to England The Last Story 364988687

3The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 18/1/2012, 04:42

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

whoa online huh even better !

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

4The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 18/8/2012, 21:37

WiiWareWave

WiiWareWave
Level 2

Has anyone purchased The Last Story yet?

5The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 18/8/2012, 21:47

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just picked up my copy today. I probably wont be able to play it until next weekend since I will be out of town for the week.

@WWW
Have you picked up your copy yet?

6The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 19/8/2012, 03:53

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I wish I could afford a copy myself guys, but I can't. Besides, I still have 2/3 of Xenoblade Chronicles to finish.

7The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 17/9/2012, 00:12

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I got to put alot of time into this game this weekend and I would have to say that this at least on par, or even a little better than Xenoblade.

Story-I would say that both games are equal on this.

Campaign-I would give Last Story this one. Putting over 100 hours into Xenoblade is way too much for me. And I remember people saying that the Last Story has a short campaign, but I'm almost at 30 hours, and that's perfect for me.

Side Quest--Xenoblade definitely has more than enough to keep you occupied for hours upon hours. But Last Story does them in a way where you don't have to rely on a walkthrough just to complete them, and that's the way I prefer to play my games. Last Story wins this one.

Combat-I like how both of them strayed away from the traditional RPG combat so they both are very good, and very different in their own way. But I do prefer the Last Story's combat over Xenoblades.

World Map-Last Story has a nice little world hub, and I like how the game plays out in chapters. But Xenoblade has it beat out by far.

Characters-This is a close one so I'm gonna call it a draw. Both games have really memorable characters and good voice work. The Last Story 631737971

8The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 17/9/2012, 02:36

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

The only thing I can agree on Rory is the fact that The Last Story does have a superior combat system. It appears to be way more interactive and immersive than Xenoblade Chronicles' button mashing system. But this is coming from a guy who never experienced The Last Story for himself and has Xenoblade Chronicles' fan art in his signature, so I think you get the picture. When it comes down to the sidequests, I would be forced to side with Xenoblade Chronicles, because I really enjoy the sense of exploration and freedom. When I play an RPG, I don't want to be lead around like some little puppy on a leash. Plus, the massive amount of content and sidequests in Xenoblade Chronicles, leaves a lot of room for exceptional replay value. Well, unless you're like me, and your a nut job who has to complete every fucking sidequest in the game. Yes, I said it. I'm a fucking nut job! OK, it's out already! Now can we get back on topic now! The Last Story 364988687

9The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 17/9/2012, 13:28

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Replay value?! Lol! After putting in over a 100 hours, I really dont feel like playing Xenoblade for a long time. I felt that doing alot of the sidequest took away from the important part of the game, and thats the story.

The Last Story's sidequest are exactly like Xenoblade but you dont need a walkthrough to find everything.

10The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 24/9/2012, 20:40

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I finally beat this! I beat it over the weekend and it took me about 35 hours to complete. It could've taken me a few more hours with the sidequest that I missed, but I don't have that kind of time to try and find everything. I would rate this in my Top 5 games for the Wii. I actually started my second playthrough because you get to keep everything, and you still get to upgrade your weapons.

I still haven't tried the online yet. I found the single player to enough for me and I'm looking forward to play it again.

11The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 25/9/2012, 00:28

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'll have to add The Last Story to my list of games to purchase for the Wii someday. Along with:

1) Arc Rise Fantasia
2) Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
3) Super Mario Galaxy 2
4) Wario Land: Shake It!
5) Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
6) Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero
7) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
The Last Story 351549032 Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
9) Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Based on the list of games above, can anyone think of any other Wii titles I may wish to look into? Also, do the Resident Evil Archives games use WiiMotion pointer controls like Resident Evil 4 does?

12The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 25/9/2012, 03:15

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

@Sundown: I had swords too, but traded it in. Wendy and I also have to get Darkside Chronicles. We enjoyed playing Unbrella Chronicles quite a bit.
I wouldn't mind playing THIS game sometime, though I've got a ton of games to go through as it is and it takes longer to go through these rpgs usually.

13The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 26/9/2012, 00:38

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

SunDown wrote:Also, do the Resident Evil Archives games use WiiMotion pointer controls like Resident Evil 4 does?
Anyone?

NOSOUP4U, how was Dragon Quest Swords? Did you trade it in because you didn't like it?

14The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 26/9/2012, 01:16

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

So I got the impression that this was the least impressive of the project Rainfall games from reviews (or whatever). That's not the case then?
Also, I don't recall what the other one was besides this and Xenoblade.

@Sundown. It's been awhile since I played it. So I'm not sure exactly how I felt. I just looked on youtube which reminded me that you used the Dpad on the wiimote (with the one hand, if I remember right.) to move around. Probably got rid of it to get money for something.
Sorry I'm not more helpful.

15The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 26/9/2012, 01:30

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

NOSOUP4U, the third Project Rainfall game was Pandora's Tower, and I believe it was actually considered by the majority to be the weakest of the three. Which is why it will probably never be released in North America.

Last edited by SunDown on 26/9/2012, 01:33; edited 1 time in total

16The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 26/9/2012, 01:33

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Xenoblade
Last Story
Pandora's Tower

Out of all of those, I heard that Pandoras Tower was the weakest of the bunch. As for myself, I enjoyed the Last Story a little bit more than Xenoblade. I think it was the combat that gave it the edge over Xenoblade. And even though I just beat this game, I'm really looking forward to playing through it again. I would say the same for Xenoblade but I just don't want to put that much more time into playing it.

17The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story 26/9/2012, 02:36

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

The Last Story also looks like a very beautiful game Rory. I think I enjoy the art direction more than Xenoblade Chronicles, but the environments are most likely more elaborate and impressive in Xenoblade Chronicles, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum