Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Just pre-ordered this along with a Basic Wii U console. So I think I'll be set for the next few weeks or months. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 631737971

Anyone else thinking of buying this game? Because I've got to tell ya, this game looks like a beast! Can't wait to play this in HD, on a Nintendo console... I do believe I've gone to heaven...

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Ha! Yeah, this game does look pretty awesome. Especially with all of the additional WiiU Gamepad innovations. It should be the definitive version of the game Chris, as long as the WiiU version doesn't somehow end up being too innovational. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 364988687

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Sunny
It sounds like the WiiU is not the best version out there. I haven't read too much into the reviews, but I'm sure most of the reviewers docked some points because of the Gamepad features. They may hate innovation, but I love it! AI I'm really looking forward to playing this.

@Chris
This is one of the games that I really wanted to play. I'm gonna wait fir some Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals before I pick it up. Hopefully I can get Batman and AC3 for pretty cheap.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

It's not sounding too good at the moment. The GamePad apparently makes the game slow and buggy.

I sure hope the Wii U isn't going to get shafted again like the Wii was. But it seems the Wii U is so different to the competition that it's not just a port, rinse and repeat kind of console.

I think this is going to be a "build up from the ground" console like how Wii was... and we all know how that turned out.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

All of the other 3rd party games got ported over just fine. AC3, BO2, Darksiders, and Sonic Racing. I really dont see a need to worry....at least not until they come out with the new consoles from MS and Sony.

Plus if I listened to most of the reviewers about Wii games, I wouldve missed out on a bunch of good games.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I'd love to try out ACIII... I think the Wii U is shaping up quite nicely, I can't wait to see what developers will be coming up with next year when they understand the hardware a lot better since at the moment it's mainly ports. :/

Only thing that may be worrying is when MS and Sony launch their new systems, I just hope the Wii U isn't left in the past with old hardware and 3rd party support starts dying off, like the Wii. But I think Nintendo has enough new features and enough unique elements put into it that I think this will be the console to end them all... I mean where else can you possibly go from here?

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I really can't see Sony putting a whole lot more power into their console. I'm pretty sure that they lost quite a bit of money in the gaming department, so they really cant take another big chance on having a really spendy console. And I could also see the two competitors mimicking the Gamepad on the next consoles. Rigt now the gamepad just feels perfect the way it is, so I cant really think of anything that needs to be added to it at the moment.

I'm really excited for the us of the Gamepad on this game. It works great in ZombieU, so I'm really curious to see what they've done on this game.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well Sony's consoles have always been the least powerful, just look at the 360, that's been out since '05 and it still has next gen graphics. Sony has always been copy and paste with their consoles and I'm sure there will be no exception with the PS4 and it's SonyPad.

Every avenue of gaming has been covered in my opinion, so what else is there to create? We've done dual analog, we've done wireless controls, we've done motion controls, we're doing tablet controls... maybe mind controls are next? The Wii U really puts out the question of "what's next?"

All I know is that everything can be accessed through the GamePad, gadgets, sonar, map, mission points, guide batarang's with the gyrosensor, enter BAT mode. And it can all be played on the GamePad itself... so I'd say it's looking pretty nifty.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Do you have a favorite character that you use in Riddler's challenge? I always did best with Robin.
1.Robin
2.Batman
3.Catwoman
4.And the dude who's name I can't remember. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 2632266518

Last edited by RoryLee on 9/3/2013, 01:03; edited 1 time in total

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I prefer Batman or Catwoman since they're the only ones who can use BAT mode. And I've always wondered why Robin doesn't have one... why would Batman give Catwoman, a burglar, a BAT suit but not Robin or Nightwing? It makes no sense!

Anyway... I mainly use Batman since he's a lot of fun to play around with and the better gadgets always come in handy. Catwoman for the sex appeal (everyone's thinking it) and she's a little more nimble in fights than Batman but because of her lowered health and armour it's really easy to get slaughtered.

The fun thing about Robin is probably his shield, just sneaking up behind people and battering them with the shield, especially over ledges, utterly hilarious when they go flying 3 miles. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 364988687 Nightwing? Meh... can't stand that guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum