Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunter 4

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monster Hunter 4 Empty Monster Hunter 4 27/10/2012, 13:49

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Release:

Japan: March 2013
North America: TBD
Europe: TBD

Gameplay:

Monster Hunter 4 is vastly different from its predecessors as there is a stronger emphasis on platforming than before, walls can now be climbed more fluidly and in any direction, and for the first time Hunters can grab onto monsters and attack them. Environments shown also appear to be larger than before. It was stated that the game is going to put far more effort into adventure and storyline, the monsters in this game are also terrain aware and will use the environment to their advantage and the game will have a traveling base camp. Underwater battling will not be present this time around. The game will have the most NPCs of any Monster Hunter game to date. The game will also have online multiplayer. Monster Hunter 4's director, Kaname Fujioka, has stated the game will have a larger focus on adventure and story progression than previous Monster Hunter titles.

Screenshots:

Monster Hunter 4 135x100
Spoiler:

Images from nintendolife.com

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

2Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 01:18

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Screw Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate! Why pay for a game you've already put at least over 500 hours into. I mean, do you really think the additional sidequests, a few extra areas and upgraded graphics will actually be worth the double dip? Plus, the 3DS version won't have online multiplayer, so that's definitely a no go for me. This seems like it's going to be the best Monster Hunter game yet. And if it's going to have online multiplayer, you already know it'll support voice chat.

3Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 10:22

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

What's with you and voice chat recently? Lol.

MH Ultimate will still be a must have for me, who wouldn't want more MH on the same console? Besides, now I'll be able to take it at a slow steady pace than before in MH3, where I was rushing around trying to get the best everything before fully embracing the online.

4Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 12:56

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Chris720 wrote:What's with you and voice chat recently? Lol.
Laughing

@Sunny
I would love to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS. Yeah, it sucks that it wont have online, but I really enjoyed the single player experience. And I have no problem double dipping, just as long as the game is fun and I get what I paid for out of it, and this game has no problem doing that.

5Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 16:29

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Precisely what Rory said, I honestly couldn't put it better myself.

.:RoryLee:. wrote:I have no problem double dipping, just as long as the game is fun and I get what I paid for out of it, and this game has no problem doing that.

Monster Hunter is just plain fun and although, yes, this is a rehash of MH3 it comes with a whole lot more content put into it and who would want to miss out on smashing through the same monsters and areas again in 3D? I sure as hell want to do that again and I might even just spend one whole day just journeying through the island killing monsters and generally having fun.

Monster Hunter is not a game, it really is something else... you can play it over and over again and it never really gets boring, sure you can run out of things to do, but Monster Hunter is an experience that you want to relive every moment you can get.

6Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 20:08

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I just like voice chat, because it allows the experience to be more interactive and personal. Plus, I just love listening to you get pissed off Chris. It's hilarious, whenever you begin cussing with your European accent.

Chris - "This is complete shite!" Monster Hunter 4 364988687

Seriously, don't you guys enjoy chatting with your friend's while your playing a videogame?

7Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 20:35

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Maybe so, but some games are just better without voice chat. I really don't see the point in it for Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing... I mean, what is there to chat about?

"Oh yay I'm first!"
"I'm last... wooo..."

I only see the point in it in games like Kid Icarus and CoD.

8Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 20:52

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Come on, Chris! You can't tell me you've never wanted to talk shit, while racing against some friends in Mario Kart 7. I could see myself tuanting my opponets as I lap them or take the lead. You just need to use your imagination Chris.

9Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 28/10/2012, 22:31

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

SunDown wrote:Come on, Chris! You can't tell me you've never wanted to talk shit, while racing against some friends in Mario Kart 7.

No not really... I prefer that to be a completely relaxing period of time having a race, I don't want to get into taunting while I'm trying to unwind and have a lap or two.

SunDown wrote:You just need to use your imagination Chris.

Gamers don't have imaginations, that's why we play video games. Monster Hunter 4 631737971

10Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 30/10/2012, 02:38

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I can't wait for this game to travel westward. This will be the very first Monster Hunter game I've ever played. Does anybody know if you can already pre-order this anywhere?

11Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 30/10/2012, 10:46

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

SunDown wrote:I can't wait for this game to travel westward. This will be the very first Monster Hunter game I've ever played. Does anybody know if you can already pre-order this anywhere?

It won't be released in Japan until March 2013, and look how long we had to wait for MHU (which is pretty much MH3G) to arrive, I would think MH4 will release in late 2014, early 2015. No point in pre-ordering a game that'll release in 2 years.

12Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 1/11/2012, 15:27

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Sunny
It still wouldnt be a bad idea to purchase MH3G for the 3DS. Even though it still won't have online, that doesn't mean that you won't get hours of enjoyment out of it. And its a good way to get used to the controls, weapons, and how to fully equip your character. I'm pretty sure that I'll get this when it comes out.

13Monster Hunter 4 Empty Re: Monster Hunter 4 1/11/2012, 17:33

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

It'll also be a good time filler while your waiting for MH4 to release. No point waiting an extra 2 years when you could fill it with 2 years of hunting on MH3G. I know it'll be a day one purchase for me, I'd love to see MH3 in 3D anyway, along with new and familiar faces.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum