Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Might as well start the topic of our famous puzzle solver, Professor Hershel Layton!

Obviously, the first rule about this topic is to NOT go blabbing how to solve a puzzle or to tell everyone a spoiler, if you wish to comment about them and give people tips, would you kindly leave them in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:

Anyway's, moving on, my copy of the game is coming a day early and it'll be here tomorrow, so very excited to play the first ever 3DS Layton, can't wait to see the new puzzle adventure in action. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 364988687

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've never experienced a Professor Layton game before. Hell, I knew nothing about the franchise, until I joined NLife two years ago. So how does the gameplay actually play out? Is it a normal adventure title w/puzzles, is it some type of point & click adventure w/puzzles or does it function something like a comic book strip w/puzzles?

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3829662730

It's just a normal adventure but to advance through the story you have to solve puzzles and some you have to solve multiple puzzles before you can move on to the next area (You need to solve 50 puzzles before you can progress etc.). But to be honest, I'm amazed I've found someone who hasn't played any of the Prof. Layton games, get your ass in gear and go buy them!

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Woot! My copy has arrived and it looks fabulous! Can't wait to get stuck into this game!

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Enjoy your game! I plan on getting this once its available in the US, which i think is this Sunday. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 631737971

@Sunny
You should try to find a cheap copy of the first game. I'm sure you would like the series.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Sweet! I guess this game came out today. The idiot at Gamestop told me that it will be out Tuesday, but I guess he doesn't know what the hell is going on at his job. I still have a gift card to Best Buy that I got for my birthday, so I'll be going out today to buy it. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 364988687

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Ha! When do the employees at GameStop know what the hell they're talking about Rory? Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 364988687

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm only about an hour into game and been really enjoying it. I only got about 5 puzzles solved so far and right now they havent been to difficult. And one thing that I really like is the magnifying glass that they give you. This is a big improvement over the other games that make you just tap randomly to find those damn coins.

SPOILER
One puzzle that kinda had me stumped was either puzzle 3, or 4. Its the one where that guy drops the flyers, and you have to find the right one that matches the top poster. I'm not sure if I was just tired, but that one took me awhile to figure out. I've been taking my time on the puzzles because I want as many Picrats as I can get when I finish the game, and without using clues if I have to.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I finally finished this game last night. Overalll, the game took me about 25 hours to complete, and I finished the game with 3497 picarats. I did skip over about 20 puzzles, but I was tired and I really did'nt have it in me to finish them at the time. The puzzles were fun, challenging, tricky, but I always looked forward to solving the next one in the story. I only had to resort to some online on 1 of the puzzles, but that was only because I could not skip it, and it was a puzzle that I was not very good at.

This is definitely a game to get for your 3DS. The story was great! But I would say that there was one part towards the end that kind of killed the pace of the story, but that part was more about the gameplay. Now about the only thing to do is finish off the puzzles I skipped, and do the mini-games, and that should give me alot to do to keep busy.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I still need to get back into this game, haven't played it since I bought Revelations... I know, I know. I've been doing the downloaded puzzles since they're a lot of fun to play but I need to get back into doing the story since it's definitely a masterpiece and the puzzles are awesome!

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Finished the game and that was really, really fun. The ending was wonderful and the entire story based around a friendship and trust was amazing...

Spoiler:

That story was really quite touching, I can't really go into detail without spewing spoilers... but that's just amazing, Level-5 really created an amazing and touching story.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I agree! This story was so intruiging that I skipped over alot of the harder puzzles just so I could advance on the plot. About the only time that the game and story really slowed down for me was when you had to explore the caverns. That part kinda killed the momentum for me, but the end of that part was pretty shocking.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I agree with you on the caverns... sheesh, they were a drag! Along with the non-stop talking from Randall and the boring puzzles, I just had to try and rush through them as quickly as possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum