Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

007 Legends for 3DS!

4 posters

Should Activision or another third-party developer produce a 3DS version of 007 Legends?

007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_lcap75%007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_rcap 75% [ 3 ]
007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_lcap25%007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_lcap0%007 Legends for 3DS! I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1007 Legends for 3DS! Empty 007 Legends for 3DS! 16/10/2012, 22:15

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I'll want to play this game just as much as any other WiiU owner definitely will. There were three James Bond related titles available for the DS in it's lifetime, and this would be an awesome opportunity for 3DS to receive it's first. I'd just like to know how the rest of our 3DS owner's feel about this topic, so please participate in this poll. The more attention that is brought to this subject, the better the chances are that we the consumer will have an influence over this decision. Also, be sure to voice your opinion's in the comment's section below.

2007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 17/10/2012, 01:33

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Of course I would like a GE game for the 3DS. I just hope that it turns out way better than the DS versions...those were some terrible games. And if they did make this game and it turned out to be pretty good, I would definitely put my money towards it.

3007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 17/10/2012, 02:06

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Yea. I may not get a Wii U any time soon. So that would be another option for people that that are in the same boat (If they have a 3DS.)

4007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 17/10/2012, 05:01

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, if it's possible to port games like Tales of the Abyss over to the 3DS from the PS2, then the 3DS should be more than capable of supporting a first-person shooter experience like GoldenEye 007/Legends. The developer could be very creative with the 3DS' capabilitie's especially with the gyro controls. Look how outstanding the graphics are in RE:R. Then take into consideration the major difference in screen resolution between the DS and the 3DS. Then there's the fact that the 3DS already possesses better online multiplayer support than the Wii does. It all just depends upon if Activision (or whatever other third-party developer) actually takes the 3DS port/version seriously. I thought of a pretty awesome idea for the gyro controls & AR capabilities. How about an online multiplayer AR first-person shooter??? Think of the possibilties guys.

5007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 18/10/2012, 00:03

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

ideas... NNNEEEBuuuDDD...

6007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 18/10/2012, 06:28

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I'm sorry, but no... FPS games were made mainly for the PC and home console market. They've never done that extremely well being ported on to a handheld.

3DS or Vita, FPS games should stay where they are now, on a PC or home console with a proper controller...

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

7007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 18/10/2012, 13:49

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Chris
Metroid and Dementium for the DS were great for a handheld FPS. Developers just need to put more time into them, instead just slapping up a terrible port.

@Sunny
After seeing some videos of ZombieU and they way they use the Gamepad, I think the 3DS would be a great fit for a portable ZombieU.

8007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 18/10/2012, 18:25

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Rory And that's the problem, FPS games on handhelds have never been a serious thing, it's more often than not a quick cash-in and leave it. I'm not sure if the Vita has any FPS games, so I can't comment on that, but I don't think the 3DS would be well designed for an FPS... TPS games work very well however, as was highlighted by Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries.

But for hardcore FPS game like 007 or *shrugs* Call of Duty, it needs a proper controller in my opinion, there's something not quite right with a small screen and cramped controls playing an FPS where more often than not it's all go, go, go while TPS are usually a little bit more laid back.

9007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 19/10/2012, 00:42

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Rory, who needs a traditional controlling method, when you have gyro controls? I mean, who the hell ever stated the stylus was the only method for aiming? Face Raiders & The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave come to mind. 007 Legends for 3DS! 364988687

Edit: I do agree with some of what Chris stated above, but Rory definitely has the better argument here. I understand your perspective on this subject Chris, but you give up hope too easily my friend. "All good things come to those who wait."

10007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 19/10/2012, 03:17

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Chris
Well, I think the 3DS would be perfect for FPS. You have they Gyro controls as one option, and there is always the CCP for the traditional gamers. For me, I would have to go with the stylus controls. If developers could make a FPS as responsive as KI:U, that would be one wicked game.

11007 Legends for 3DS! Empty Re: 007 Legends for 3DS! 19/10/2012, 06:58

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Rory Problem with gyro controls is they're a bit clunky in my opinion, I don't want to be standing up just so I can play a game... and if you're playing with gyro controls, you can't turn around when sitting down.

The CCP is a good idea but it's not the greatest substitute for a nunchuk or right analog stick.

Stylus controls have worked well in the past and probably the best way forward for an FPS, but I can see people complaining of hand cramps.

@SunDown I'm not giving up hope, it's just been done so many times and flopped terribly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum