Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

ZombiU

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ZombiU Empty ZombiU 16/10/2012, 20:55

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I think it's about time we had a topic for this game, so here it is.

ZombiU 250px-Zombi_U_Logo

Details

ZombiU is a first-person shooter survival horror video game from Ubisoft to be released exclusively for the Nintendo Wii U console this November. The player can assume the roles of various survivors during the game. The game will run in native 1080p full HD.

Gameplay

The player controls a random survivor who must attempt to survive a zombie apocalypse running amok in London. The game is controlled using the Wii U GamePad, which has various context sensitive uses such as assisting in aiming certain weapons and unlocking doors. Its most common use is to access the survivor's 'Bug-Out Bag', which is used to store various items and weapons, although the player is vulnerable whilst attempting to access his/her bag. If a player is killed by a zombie, which can occur with a single bite from them, their character will permanently die and the player will then take on the role of a new survivor. But, if the player has a shot of Virucide, the survivor will inject the Virucide into the zombie, therefore killing it and sparing the survivor. The previous character then becomes a zombie which the player can defeat to retrieve any items or weapons their bag contained. The game will also feature online multiplayer, with friends alerted of a player's death so they may try and obtain their gear.

Plot

400 years ago, Welsh astronomer John Dee creates an apocalyptic prophecy known as The Black Prophecy which will be fulfilled in the year of 2012. "The Prepper", a "no-nonsense, ex-army man" sees this apocalypse coming and prepares, whilst a secret society known as the Ravens of Dee researches his predictions to find a way to stop them from being realized.

In November 2012, the Black Prophecy begins to be realized in the form of a zombie outbreak in London, England. Survivors hide in the Prepper's bunker, with one (the player) being chosen to confront the zombies, supported by Raven leader Sandra. Meanwhile, one of the Queen's doctors, Dr. Knight, searches for the fabled panacea under Buckingham Palace.

E3 2012 Trailer

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

2ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 19/10/2012, 15:05

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

The more I see and read about this, I just get even more excited to want to play this. Right now, I think this will be my first WiiU game that I'm gonna purchase. And I plan to put my preorder in this weekend.

I know alot of people might be put off by all the gimmicks that you have to do with the gamepad, but I'm actually looking forward to all the cool ways that the controller can be used.

3ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 22/10/2012, 01:32

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

@Rory: I really can't wait to get my hands on this game, it looks pretty amazing. I just want to have more information on the online component since that's where I'll be most of the time probably. :P

All I need is a Wii U. e.e

4ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/10/2012, 00:53

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Chris
I'm really excited too. I plan on pre-ordering this on Friday. I don't know too much about the online yet, but I'm still pumped about the main campaign. I just wish the US had that damn Zombie bundle ZombiU 3686606283

5ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/10/2012, 03:12

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I told you Rory, didn't I?! ZombiU 364988687

6ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/10/2012, 19:13

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Yea. The Zombie U bundle would've been nice. Though atleast now, we won't have to make up our mind between two console bundles (Not that I'm going to be getting one any time soon.)

7ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 25/10/2012, 01:41

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Hahahaha! Me neither NOSOUP4U. ZombiU 364988687

8ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 26/10/2012, 21:23

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just put my preorder in, so this is gonna be my first official WiiU game.

@Sunny
I'm still looking forward to NintendoLand. It would've been better to get ZombieU and NL in a a special bundle.

9ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 20/11/2012, 23:18

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Been playing this game for about 2 hours today. This is one hell of a freaky game! I swear I almost jumped out of my game chair at least twice.

Ubisoft has done a really good job of keeping the player at the edge of their seat. On the gamepad, they have a radar that you can use to see if there are any zombies in the area. I swore that I wasn't going to use it because I thought it would ruin the suspense. But they have plenty of moments where you are definitely gonna need to use that thing.

So far I have died twice. Seeing all them zombies got me all flustered! Not enough ammo, and not enough time to think about what I should do. This game has been really fun! I was worried about it since its been getting mixed reviews, so who ever has had their eye on this game, you should still give it a try.

10ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 20/11/2012, 23:40

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Here's a little snippet from a reviewer. This is pretty much what I think of the game at the moment.

These kinds of games are not for everyone, and some people may not like ZombiU due to its high level of difficulty or clunky combat. However, if you appreciate the qualities of the older Resident Evil games, the challenge of a game like Dark Souls, and the exploration of a Metroid-style world, this game is absolutely for you. Enter the survival horror.

11ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 22/11/2012, 12:31

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

There's no word of "free-roam" in the game, which is a bit saddening. I think it would be interesting creating mini bases around London and adventuring with just a bat and see how long you survive... along with hordes of zombies rather than just a few clusters here and there - which is what it looks like in every video I've seen thus far.

12ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/11/2012, 00:44

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

It looks like Nintendo Life really liked this game. I'm really close to finishing up the game and I still get freaked out everytime I play. So far I seen Zach(ZBone) roaming around the streets, so I had to beat him in the head and take his supplies ZombiU 631737971 .

They also have a mode where you only get one life throughout the game. I'm not sure how well that would go since I died probably more than 10 times already. Aint nothing worse when you get yourself surrounded by a group and get too flustered to fight back.

EDIT:And I also read somewhere that the demo for this game will be coming out next week.

13ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/11/2012, 11:38

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

It looks like a nice zombie game for sure, but I keep hearing that Ubisoft slowed the pace of the game down because of the GamePad because you have to keep looking at it every now and again and if you look at it for too long you are properly fucked lol.

Which I suppose gives you more of a fear factor rather than just bashing through zombies like you can in Resident Evil... even ZombiU's negatives turn into positives. scratch

14ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/11/2012, 13:20

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

You do have to look at the gamepad quite a bit. But the good thing is, is that its not as complicated as everyone thought it was gonna be. You use it mainly to scan things and check your positioning on the radar. And the scanning is easy as hell, and it really gets me excited about some Metroid possibilities.

It does give you that fear factor.
SLIGHT SPOILER

Later on in the game you will find an upgrade that will automatically detect anything that moves so it will ping every few seconds. It could be zombies, birds, or rats, so it always keeps you on your toes.

15ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 24/11/2012, 16:00

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I heard about the pinging radar in the review, which sounds like a cool thing... always wary as to whether it's a zombie or a rat is pretty exciting. Gets you worrying about whats on the other side of that wall lol.

I see you can barricade doors as well... I wonder how intense the game gets where you'd have to start barricading doors. O_O

16ZombiU Empty Re: ZombiU 26/11/2012, 15:01

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I beat this game over the weekend. Total time it took me was around 14 hours with the death count in the double digits. I did try the Survivor Mode where you only get 1 life, but I didnt last long at all. I'll definitely try it again after I finish up AC3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum