Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wii U Advertising - Failing?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wii U Advertising - Failing? Empty Wii U Advertising - Failing? 30/9/2012, 22:49

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Nintendo has been marketing the console mainly on the internet and through gaming expo's, so it would be hard for a person who is into gaming to miss the obvious point that the Wii U is a brand new console. However, because of this, it's excluding those who have seen the Wii U but view it as just a new controller rather than a new console - including all of my friends.

Nintendo have focused far too much on the Wii U GamePad and not enough on the actual console. Rather than marketing it as a whole, it's being put across that it's just a new gaming device for the Wii... and to me, it's really, really annoying when they say it's just a new controller.

I think Nintendo has failed miserably in this aspect of marketing the console properly and it's generally annoying that Nintendo aren't putting out that message a lot more now that we're over a month until release. Maybe they'll start increasing the alert that it's a new system eventually, but until then... Nintendo is on a losing streak with the masses.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Really? Seems like they're selling tons of preorders, enough that I thought I saw that some place/s stopped preorder at some point.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I think he means that they should start advertising it to the general public, instead of to the hardcore gamers. I haven't heard of anything about the WiiU unless it was from a gaming site, gaming expo, or a electronic/gaming store. Hopefully they start advertising it on TV before the system actually does come out. I'm sure down the line that you will hear alot about it on the Radio Stations, and probably non-gaming sites.

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Oh. Well I mainly watch cable when I'm over at someone elses house, as I only have Netflix. Also though there has to be quite a few people at least learning about the Wii U from gamestop and their Game Informer magazine I'd think.
I can see people getting confused about that though. It's kinda like when I was asking for screen protectors for my 3ds xl. People could get confused and think they have something for it, when it's really for the DSI xl.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Nintendo might well be selling off a lot of Wii U consoles, but who's actually buying them? It's going to be mainly the "gaming crowd" because they know what they're buying. Unfortunately most of the general public don't seem to understand that it's a new console Nintendo are marketing because they are showing off the controller more than the actual console itself.

When the Wii was shown at E3, the console was the first thing to be shown and then the controller. I think they're going about it all wrong this time, especially at last years E3, heck even I thought it was just a new controller until I saw the console hiding behind the GamePad and even then I thought it was just a redesigned Wii. :P

The Wii U will sell like hot cakes, but I think they need to be saying to the general public "hey, it's a new console, not an add-on to your current Wii!"

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I think the younger crowd does the advertising for Nintendo. When I was younger, I would see them advertise a new system or a game on the television, so you know for sure that I was getting pester my parents until I got what I wanted Twisted Evil . Kids these days, there advertising is on the internet because that's the new "Entertaintment Center" for them, so I'm sure the parents already know about the WiiU.

Gaming has gotten alot popular over the years so I'm pretty sure that most people have read or seen something about the WiiU on internet. So I'm pretty sure the WiiU will do alright...especially once its out and more people start hearing about it through word of mouth.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I think this video proves my point:

Also, I found this comment on Facebook:

although I am now going to have to buy a wii and the wii u, im dissapointed in capcom for choosing what seems to be an already failing platform.

1) Wii and Wii U are different.

2) Capcom are choosing the Wii U since it's a new platform.

3) The Wii U hasn't been released yet... it's not failing.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Even if they did see some advertisements, I highly doubt that those people would even be interested in the WiiU. From the answers they gave, it seems like they only got a Wii because of all of the hype.

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well I bought the Wii because of the hype and it's from Nintendo... I mean, what else do you need from a console? Most people seem to be more worried about graphics and super online rather than good games with excellent controls, but we're all different and some idiots would rather have an Xbox 360 or PS3 because it has better graphics, a few better games and nothing much else...

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Those people didn't even seem to care about gaming in general. I don't know if those people are that Tech savy, but I know if they asked me a question about an Apple product or something that's gotten pretty big buzz, I'm sure I really wouldn't know what the hell they are talking about. About the only advertisements I see now are on the internet, and most of the time I just get pissed off about it because I have to watch the damn thing.

I don't really give a shit about graphics. I support the things I love and Nintendo is on that list. I could be like most people and have all 3 systems, but I really don't have the time to play all of them. I like my Nintendo games and nobody is gonna change my mind about it.

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Is this what you want??

Are you going up? Wii U Advertising - Failing? 631737971

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

That is the worst advert I have ever seen in my life...

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I found the song to your advert:

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Lol. That video was actually pretty good. That'd be great if Nintendo used that in the advertisements.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum