Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you play in 3D?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you play in 3D? Empty Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 14:01

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Do you prefer to play games with the 3D on or off?

It usually depends for me, but most of the time a play with the 3D on. And the only time that I will completely have it off is when I'm on a road trip, because most of the time the glare is pretty bad, and I'll try to save the battery life by having it off.

2Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 14:18

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Depends, I'll have it on if I want it on, but I always have it on when it's charging since it destroys the battery pretty quickly having it on all the time. But most of the time I'll have it off unless I'd rather play with it on, but it depends on the game. Some are better played with it on and some are better played with it off.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

3Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 14:43

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

The games are also a big factor for me too. If the games 3D effect is terrible I would rather save the battery life and keep it off. But I do prefer to play in 3D so if the effect is good, that usually means it will be on for me.

4Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 16:35

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I have bit on alot. Though I do turn it off when playing 2d games (don't know if that save energy or what then).
I like having the 3d on if there is 3d in a game. Though when I play games like Kid Icarus I tend to get out of the "sweet spot" and that bothers me.

5Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 19:52

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Kid Icarus suffers badly from the 3D effect, you have to keep your head still and in a shooter that's really annoying... besides, the 3D in some games don't add much to the game anyway, but if it works well, then there's no excuse to not have it on.

I just wish KI:U would turn off the 3D or keep it at a minimum when firing so if you move it doesn't go double, like when you ADS in MGS.

6Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 20/9/2012, 20:52

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I know exactly what you mean Chris. It's a good thing KI:U is still a beautiful game, even if you need to switch off the 3D effects.

7Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 21/9/2012, 00:13

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I think it would be cool if they came out with some sort of 3D eyewear for the 3DS. That way you would never lose that sweet spot. I know it defeats the purpose of the glasses free system, but if it can improve it, I would be for it.

8Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 21/9/2012, 16:08

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Hopefully Ill get better at holding my head still on KI:U. It might be easier if I play it on a table with the stand.

9Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 03:20

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I just lay mine down on my bed in the charging cradle, and play it like that. I haven't run into any complications as of yet.

10Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 03:34

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Yea. When you run it off the cord then you can crank the 3d and everything up without worries. Which is nice.
If they come out with a longlife battey pack for the XL, it'd be nice. Though I'd like to keep the blue underside of the machine showing. (I also don't really want to take off the regular backing and end up losng or braking it.

11Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 21:42

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

[01]RoryLee wrote:I think it would be cool if they came out with some sort of 3D eyewear for the 3DS. That way you would never lose that sweet spot. I know it defeats the purpose of the glasses free system, but if it can improve it, I would be for it.

Already done:

Do you play in 3D? Medium

And you can buy them here.

12Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 22:42

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Hmm...they look the the 3D movie glasses that you get at the movie theater. I just finished watching Judge Dredd, and maybe I should took that pair of glasses to see how they worked.

13Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 22:45

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Probably not very well since the 3DS screen doesn't have a blue and red layers, just two normal layers since it's just a parallax barrier that's creating the 3D effect and I'm not sure if normal red/blue 3D glasses can enhance it or not... but you could give it a go next time you can get some 3D glasses.

14Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 22/9/2012, 22:49

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

The theater glasses are not the old red and blue kind. The new ones look pretty much identical to the Amazon pair on sale.

15Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 23/9/2012, 02:57

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Chris, I really don't think those glasses have the ability to enhance stereoscopic 3D effects on a 3DS. I believe those glasses are for any form of extended videogaming.

16Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 23/9/2012, 11:45

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

They were developed for the sole purpose of expanding the 3D sweet spot on the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo Life even made an article about it.

17Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 24/9/2012, 02:00

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Well, they really should've included that information in the product details Chris. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested in those glasses. Now that I know they were actually developed specifically for the 3DS, I'm going to add a pair of these glasses to my Christmas wishlist. I'm sorry, if it seemed like I was trying to be demeaning Chris, but that information really should've been included.

18Do you play in 3D? Empty Re: Do you play in 3D? 24/9/2012, 02:09

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Now I'm gonna have to look this up myself. If it would help me keep the 3d effect on hectic games, it might be something. Though I don't know the price of these glasses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum