Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wii U Tech Specs

+2
SunDown
Demonic
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wii U Tech Specs Empty Wii U Tech Specs 5/6/2012, 22:27

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Do you want to know the Wii U Tech Specs and Features? We have you covered. This is all straight from Nintendo:

Size
Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long.

Appearance
The new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.

Weight
Approximately 3.41 pounds (1.5 kg).

CPU
IBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core processor.

GPU
AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Storage
Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage.

Media
Wii U and Wii optical discs.

Networking
Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Wii Compatibility
Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.

Audio Output
Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

Video Output
Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

Wii U™ GamePad
The Wii U GamePad™ controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. It incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button. The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).

Other Controllers
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

Wii U features:

Miiverse:

Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content. Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing. From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.

TV Remote:

The Wii U GamePad controller may also function as an infrared TV remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.

Near Field Communication (NFC):

The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.

Nintendo eShop:

The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.

Video Entertainment:

Nintendo is working with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube to bring video experiences to Wii U that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.

Video Chat:

Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.

Internet Browser:

Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

2Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 6/6/2012, 01:03

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Let's just hope the internet browser receives at least annual updates, so we're not left behind the times like we were with the Wii browser. I hope it has more features than the Wii browser too. Like a cut & paste feature, and the ability to save and access jpeg, wav. and gif. files on your SD card.

The video chat is an awesome feature. I just wish we were able to video chat at the same time we're playing videogames. Then it would be just like you're playing together with your WiiU friends in the same room. I'd really enjoy being able to taunt my opponents, whenever I'm playing a competitive online multiplayer game. Wii U Tech Specs 364988687 lol

3Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 6/6/2012, 09:24

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Well if it's anything like the 3DS with it's 3 or 4 pretty big updates in quick succession, only spanned out by a few months, I think I can safely say they'll be updating the Wii U a fair amount, at least I would think they will.

It seems their current platforms, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, can be updated with a lot more features whereas the Wii was kind of stuck in the past and only received updates once in a blue moon and most of it was just to brick hacks.

I think they've finally seen the light as to what they can do with updates. :P

4Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 6/6/2012, 13:40

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Looks like the WiiU is shaping up quite nicely Wii U Tech Specs 631737971 . I thought they did a good job at the conference. It was nice to see all the new features of the gamepad, and all the different functions it can do. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this thing at the end of the year.

5Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 6/6/2012, 18:38

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

It's got a lot going for it, it's like a massive powerhouse. The problem is there are no games I've seen yet that warrant a launch day purchase, we've still got a few months left for them to "wow" me with any games that are must-haves but right now... nothing.

Hopefully in the next few months... besides I've got my 3DS to keep me company. :P I just need more money to afford 3DS games and maybe the Wii U down the line.

6Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 13/9/2012, 17:40

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

Wii U Tech Specs 581633_413955355335983_554993144_n

7Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 13/9/2012, 23:24

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

That's looking really slick! I just put my preorder in today for the Deluxe Bundle....and now the long wait until November. And I'm not too sure what the launch games are but I know Mario and Pikmin for sure. ZombieU is looking good, but i think I'll wait until I hear more about it.

8Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 14/9/2012, 23:52

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

You know, I thought the standard package would cost about $350 or a little more, so I purchased a 3DS instead. I love my life, I seriously do. I mean, first I purchase a 3DS from Amazon a fricken week before Nintendo announces the 3DS XL, and now I find out that I could've afforded to pre-order the standard WiiU package from Amazon around Christmas. This is how everything always turns out for me. Wii U Tech Specs 3669069390

Edit: You know what, fuck this damn contest, I'm going to kick the fucking puppy just because. Wii U Tech Specs 364988687 lol

9Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 16/9/2012, 03:55

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

That video chat's gonna be nice. I don't know when I'll get this. If I'd definatly want the delux package though (if that nintendoland comes with it, that'll be great. Not looking forward to paying $60 for games though.

10Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 16/9/2012, 19:14

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@LTG
Just wait for the games to go down in price. I noticed that for the other systems is that it doesn't take long for the games to go on sale. The only ones you need to worry about are the Nintendo published games because they wont go on sale for the longest time.

11Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 16/9/2012, 21:03

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

Nintendo developed games take months before they even think about moving, which is ridiculous but it makes sense since they make some of the best games out there. The price of games is going to be insane though, they'll probably be around £40-£50 which is about the same as a new Call of Duty game for the 360... ever other game is around £40.

It'll be a nice console, but I think we're going to get hit when we want to buy a new game. If I do buy a Wii U, I'll have to get a game with a LOT of replay value since I want to keep playing the game before I have to start shelling out for a new game because I just beat the other one.

12Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 16/9/2012, 23:40

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, I don't know. But would the Wii U be worth the purchase if you have a 27 inch tube tele?

13Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 17/9/2012, 00:46

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I don't see why not? Just as long as you can get a good gaming experience. If I was you I would get one preordered before the Holiday season, because it sounds like they've already been selling out of there preorders already.

14Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 17/9/2012, 01:03

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

Yeah, I'd jump on the deluxe package as soon as you're able to P.K.. Otherwise, you may just end up with more time than you need to save up for it. Well, unless you're like Rory and you're ball'n with money in bank.

15Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 20/9/2012, 15:50

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

Wii U Tech Specs 301431_416323008432551_92231274_n

16Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 21/9/2012, 00:24

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Is there any info with that? I'm on my phone so Im not quite sure if there is or not.

17Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 21/9/2012, 00:37

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

its a premium wiiU , it comes with ZombiU.. i think its Europe version of it though

18Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 21/9/2012, 01:35

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

You're correct Soundwav, only Europe is receiving the deluxe package bundled with ZombiU. The North American WiiU deluxe package will be bundled with NintendoLand. You damn Europeans are getting a much better deal! I know I'd rather own ZombiU compared to NintendoLand.

19Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 21/9/2012, 03:49

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm actually looking forward to Nintendoland. I'm curious to see what kind of stuff they can do with the Gamepad, and I know that is pretty much what Nintendoland is for. But I'm glad that the US isn't getting that bundle because that would only make it harder for me to decide on which one I wanted.

20Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 23/9/2012, 03:51

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I don't know Rory. I think Europe is receiving the best deal out of everyone, but that's only my opinion. I'm just not really into that type of videogame. Products usually function much better when they were designed to only serve one specific purpose, and that's usually the case with videogames too.

21Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 24/9/2012, 04:00

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I thought there might still be a chance that Nintendoland was gonna come with one of the setups. I would like that actually. I'd rather not have to pay out 60 dollars for Nintendoland separately.

22Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 24/9/2012, 14:36

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Nintendo Land comes with the Deluxe package. I'm not sure what else you get by getting this package, but I do know that you get more memory, Nintendo Land game, and a black console.

23Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 24/9/2012, 15:45

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

Great. Cause that's the package that I'd get. (Though I'm not sure when).

I wonder how the speaker system is on the Wii U. They sould make that an option to use on any online games that use speakers. Though it probably wouldn't be as good. At least you'd already have it till you could get a better option. (Hopefully not Head Banger! grrr!)

24Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 24/9/2012, 16:23

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

They are bringing the Turtle Beach brand to the WiiU. That's pretty much what everyone uses for online play. They are quite spendy, but I'm sure it will be worth the purchase.

25Wii U Tech Specs Empty Re: Wii U Tech Specs 9/11/2012, 13:59

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3