Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Movie Thread

+5
dan druff
Viper04
Soundwav
RoryLee
Jack
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Movie Thread Empty The Movie Thread 10/1/2012, 23:35

Jack

Jack
Level 2

Talk about new, upcoming or old movies.

Anyone seen the new Sherlock Holmes? It looks pretty good.

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

2The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 11/1/2012, 00:27

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I rented Contagion for tonight. I'll get back to you with my thoughts on the movie.

And Sherlock Holmes looks really good, but I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

3The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 11/1/2012, 14:03

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

hey rory did u see the new "the thing" the one thats suppose to take place before the 1982 version...i thought they did a good job on it... but i hope they WONT try remaking the the 1982 version cause that shiznet is a master piece.
im the kind of person who would watch pulp fiction 5 times in a row...
i have not seen to many new movies though...

4The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 11/1/2012, 14:27

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I'm planning on watching it as soon as it comes out. I actually like when they reboot, or remake old movies. Sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. I just watched "The Fly" the other day and I think that would make a good remake.

I just watched "Contagion" last night. I really enjoyed the movie alot. The movie was very interesting in the way that they had to track the virus from the start, and how the humans species can act on an outbreak like this. This is a movie that I would watch again. The Movie Thread 631737971

5The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 15/1/2012, 10:27

Viper04

Viper04
Level 2

I saw Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows last week (or maybe it was the week before). It's really good. Not sure it's as good as the first, mostly since it's been a while since I've seen it, but I think it's a worthy sequel. I recently watched a movie on Netflix called Bunraku that I thought was pretty good. Gackt co-stars, which is much of the reason I watched it in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/grenworthshero

6The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 8/2/2012, 19:37

Viper04

Viper04
Level 2

BUMP! I stumbled across a full version of 'Brother' on YouTube today. This is one of my favorite films. (Actually, I say that about most of Takeshi Kitano's movies)

You should check it out if you like gangster/Yakuza films. This one is pretty accessible, since half of it is in English. I love Kitano's artistic and dramatic approach to movies. The first movie I saw by him was Sonatine, and then Violent Cop. After that, I had to buy all of his movies. :)

https://www.youtube.com/grenworthshero

7The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 4/3/2012, 18:02

dan druff

dan druff
Level 1

i just saw " i sell the dead" recently.
a bit surreal and dark humoured, but a good watch none the less. probably not for the squeemish though.

https://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall

8The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 20/3/2012, 04:56

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just read that Micheal Bay will be making a brand new TMNTs movie for next year. It says that he is gonna ditch the mutant part and make them aliens(turtles) from another planet. I'm pretty excited about this news. If anyone could bring an 80s cartoon back, it should be Micheal Bay.

And I heard that the Director will be the guy who did Wrath of the Titans. That part worries me because I'm pretty sure that they will rely more on special effects. I hope that they do a live action approach like the first movie.

9The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 7/4/2012, 15:33

[G4L] P.K.

[G4L] P.K.
Level 3

I was just watching Tron: Legacy last night, and this arcade scene as well as the disc war scene that followed shows how entertaining Tron is start to finish.

10The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 7/4/2012, 15:51

danschemen

danschemen
Level 2

Have any of you guys seen this movie yet based on The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time?

I actually that it wasn't have bad after about half way through it, it get's better. If anything it's fun to laugh at Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

11The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 7/4/2012, 18:29

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Lun
Hell yeah! I saw Tron when it came out in theatres. And I'm pretty sure that I saw it in 3D. I'm gonna have to go out and buy that movie when I see it for cheap.

@Danschemen
I might check out that video later. I really dont feel like sitting at the computer for that long. Thats gonna be one to watch on a rainy day or something.

I seen a few movies lately and the one that really stuck out for me was "The Help". Its a long, dramatic movie that touches on the subject of racism. I'm sure most of you here probably wont even care to watch this movie but its actually really good. The Movie Thread 98290982

The Immortals is getting a The Movie Thread 1998082814 from me. I just found this movie to be really boring and unentertaining. I feel that they rely too much on the special effects and all this crazy ballet combat. I probably wouldve loved this movie if I was alot younger but now it just seems way too predictable and cookie cutter.

12The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 7/4/2012, 21:49

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

Total Recall is coming out soon. From Arnold > Collin... I seen the trailer for the first time the other day really i wasnt impressed and they gave Jessica Beil (sexy but..) or what ever her name is the Latina prostitute part... Nothing can top the classic i watched over and loved. "OPEN YOUR MIND" and o yea "GET YOUR TO MARZ"

https://www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011

13The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 7/4/2012, 22:20

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

@Gameday
I just seen that last week on Entertainment News. I'm sure it will turn out pretty good but the original is pretty fricken awesome! And I also hear that they are gonna make another Garbage Pail kids movie. Not sure if anyone has seen the original, but you really arent missing much. But I always find it exciting when they start making all these old movies.

14The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 8/4/2012, 06:58

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

I use to get excited when they remade stuff but being disappointed too many times now i feel they are just running outta ideas , they're gonna remake ROBOCOP... Now this will be something to follow to see what they dare come up with this time around or Another big flop ploy to get some doe.

15The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 14/4/2012, 19:03

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I just watched The Three Musketeers last night and I have to say that I really enjoyed this movie. I usually dont care for movies that go way over the top, and they did have alot of over the top moments, but it wasnt enough for me to dislike it. The movie was almost like Mission Impossible and Pirates Of The Carribean mixed into one movie. So go rent it if you need to kill a few hours.

And I just finished watching the Human Centipede 2. It actually took me awhile to finish this movie because Jenny would always make me turn it off if she was home, Lol. This movie made her get sick and she wasnt even watching it. I actually didnt mind this movie. I think because it was in black and white that it actually didnt seem as bad as it would be in color...but it was still really gruesome. Give it a go if you dont mind seeing some crazy, wicked stuff. And its on Netflix The Movie Thread 631737971

16The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 14/4/2012, 19:07

[NL] Gameday

[NL] Gameday
Level 3

yea i was gonna get to the musketeers , i like the old skoo 3 amigo's and i like the musketeers as well ill give that look see. As for the C2 movie i seen that so many times and i had it on my que well the first one but theres a second one lol ill have to watch this asap. poor jenny lol turn it off before even get in the door im warning you RORY ;p

17The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 23/5/2012, 13:53

Soundwav

Soundwav
Level 3

I heard there making a movie for the old anime Cyborg 009...its gonna be called 009 Re: Cyborg...have not heard much info about it though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_009

18The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 28/8/2012, 14:38

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

I saw Expendables 2 over the weekend and this has been my favorite movie of the year. This movie has a ton of action, plenty of one-liners, a great cast of movie stars, and is nothing but great entertainment. I give this movie a The Movie Thread 631737971 so go check it out.

19The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 12/9/2012, 20:46

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I like the Movie "Kung Pow! Enter the Fist!". It's a parody of martial art movies. Anyone else seen it?

20The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 12/9/2012, 21:38

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Is that the movie with "Master Betty" who likes to swing his chain at the waterfall? If so, then yeah I seen it alot. Great movie!

21The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 12/9/2012, 21:46

NOSOUP4U

NOSOUP4U
Level 3

I think the Main badguys name WAS Betty.
There was also another movie I liked called "Kungfu Hustle." It had that landlord chasing someone so fast that her legs looked like how The Roadrunners does when he's moving (at least that's how I remeber it.)

22The Movie Thread Empty Re: The Movie Thread 13/9/2012, 23:09

RoryLee

RoryLee
Level 5

Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie! If you like that movie, I recommend that you check out Shaolin Soccer. It's from the same guy that directed Kung Fu Hustle so it has all that crazy action going on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum