Gaming - PC and Console unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Console Maintenance & Repair

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Console Maintenance & Repair Empty Console Maintenance & Repair 18/4/2012, 17:02

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

I've been finding these strange marks on the data side of my Xenoblade Chronicles game disc, everytime I take it out of my Wii. They're not scratches, and they appear like some type of film or residue. I know they're only surface blemishes, because they aren't visible while holding the disc at an angle. It's slightly strange, because they're perfectly straight lines. All three of these lines go across the disc at the same type of angle, and cross through each other creating triangular patterns. Does anybody have any clue as to what might be causing these lines to appear, or has anybody had something similar occur to their game discs before? I'm thinking my Wii might be dirty inside. For some strange reason, this has only been happening to my Xenoblade Chronicles game disc. The game still plays perfectly fine, so I'm not currently that worried about it. I don't happen to have a game disc cleaning kit at my immediate disposal, so I'm unable to see if these marks can be easily removed. Do you think the Wii console laser cleaning kit would stop this from occurring anymore?

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I've had that happen on the SSBB disc before but I could easily just wipe it off. It could just be dust in the console itself. However it could be because it's a dual-layered disc, however I think yours might be the upgraded one if you have that limited edition red Wii.

I think you should give your Wii a clean inside and see how that goes, it could be just nothing.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

SunDown

SunDown
Level 5

How do I go about cleaning my Wii inside? I mean, is the laser cleaning kit the only internal cleaning product licensed by Nintendo, or is there something available for cleaning the disc drive itself?

Demonic

Demonic
Level 5

I think the laser cleaner kit is your best bet. Unless you want to take it apart, since you can see exactly what's wrong with it. But yeah, any way of cleaning it should hopefully work.

https://forever-gaming.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum